2005 rusty frames

No, just added XM. n-Fab nerf bars are the first things on my list. Then I'd like to add fog lights.

Not my Glocks. Sorry, I just had to say that. But you are correct about that. I once had a Series 80 Colt Government Model 1911A1, that was made of stainless steel and all I had to do was to carry it in a holster while deer hunting (during heavy fog) and by the time I got home, light rust was already present. An old machinist once told me that stainless-steel means exactly what it says, stain-less, not stain-proof.

LOL! That's because a glock is mostly made of a high-strength nylon-based polymer. Also what metal there is has Tenifer treatment which protects the metal even if the decorative surface finish wears off. It's almost a true plastic gun. My Taurus Millennium Pro PT745 is similar in design material.

LOL! That's because a glock is mostly made of a high-strength nylon-based polymer. Also what metal there is has Tenifer treatment which protects the metal even if the decorative surface finish wears off. It's almost a true plastic gun. My Taurus Millennium Pro PT745 is similar in design material.

Ruger p85 is very similar.

rusty frames

posted this in the maint blog but after a bunch of looking I found the product GM, Ford, & some military applications use OEM for a final chassis coating for rust protection. The company Daulbert Chemical also thins it and puts it in an aresol can for chassis/frame repairs at dealers. They do sell to the public. I talked to their customer service rep with my intention & was advised they do have folks that use it to spray new vehicle frames ( including most folks that work there) and that 1 can should do a frame. I bought 2 for my new 2014 & hope it's enough to get my springs,axels, & front end as well. Here is the buy link but there are descriptions of a bunch of other suff on their home page. This stuff is not for an over rust or stop rust application. It's preventive for keeping new protected.
http://store.daubert.com/mm5/mercha...OD&Category_Code=Noxrust&Product_Code=1786061

Back