2016-2017 needle bearing still an issue???

I just bought my brothers 2016 trd off road 4x4 yesterday. Is this something I need to worry about
It’s stock, 16k miles. I don’t intend to lift, just level front, it sags a little

I just bought my brothers 2016 trd off road 4x4 yesterday. Is this something I need to worry about
It’s stock, 16k miles. I don’t intend to lift, just level front, it sags a little
You should be ok. You’ll know as soon as you do it.

Bump
TSB #T-SB-0011-18
TSB: Some 2016-2018 model year Tacoma 4WD vehicles may exhibit a cyclical groaning or grinding noise coming from the front differential in 2WD that is not present during 4WD operation. Follow the Repair Procedure in this bulletin.

Just bought 2017 TRD OR DCLB had 24 miles on it after I put 14 miles on during the test drive. Love the truck. Its lifted with a 3" toyota approved revtek 40013. It makes a hum hum noise around 35mph that is felt in the floor board, pedals and wheel. Looks like it's try the T-SB-0026-15. Or buy the aftermarket bushing (identified as T8CS-Bushing) to replace the factory needle bearing its made by East Coast Gear Supply (ECGS). I'm hoping toyota will realize the problem still exists in the new trucks. Is anyone else getting this on the 16-17 taco's?? I know it was a known issue for the 05-15. Thought toyota would have fixed the issue on the new ones. I've been told the drive trains are the same on the last 2 gens.
Yes im getting the same issue on my 2017 TRD offroad

Has anybody had this trouble with the 2018 toyota tacoma trd off road yet. Just bought my 2018 this past summer and want to level it 2" but considering the problem I'm thinking twice about doing it. Thanks

Has anybody had this trouble with the 2018 toyota tacoma trd off road yet. Just bought my 2018 this past summer and want to level it 2" but considering the problem I'm thinking twice about doing it. Thanks
I haven’t heard any 2018’s or 19’s complain about it yet. I’m sure it’s still happening. I was told about 2/10 will get it for some reason and the closer to 3” you get the more likely it can happen. I don’t think toyota has changed anything.

I haven’t heard any 2018’s or 19’s complain about it yet. I’m sure it’s still happening. I was told about 2/10 will get it for some reason and the closer to 3” you get the more likely it can happen. I don’t think toyota has changed anything.
Thanks I will keep up with thread. Thanks again

So I have a 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport (22,000km so far). 3" lift, 1.25 wheel spacers and 305/65/17R tires. I have this issue. the local dealer said its the tires and wont do anything about it. I have ordered the equipment from ECGS.

So I have a 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport (22,000km so far). 3" lift, 1.25 wheel spacers and 305/65/17R tires. I have this issue. the local dealer said its the tires and wont do anything about it. I have ordered the equipment from ECGS.
Welcome to the forum. :)
That’s to bad they don’t even acknowledge it. Install it and when it fixes the issue go back and say hey it was the needle bearing ass clowns. :D

The stuff came in today, so I'm hoping to do it this weekend or early next week! lets hope it goes well or.... Solid axel swap time... haha

The stuff came in today, so I'm hoping to do it this weekend or early next week! lets hope it goes well or.... Solid axel swap time... haha
It will be fine. Watch some videos or have someone help that’s done it. IIRC the main thing is not to pound it in to far.

Back