2021 Hummer EV

Tape

Wow

1000 hp and 11,500 pounds of torque

th

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

That's fine untill they do away with oil and go to wind and solar and we won't have enough electric to light our homes let alone charge vehicles.
The oil industry will be fine. All the major oil producing states have been getting away from oil for the last decade. Texas is one of the leading wind producing states in America. Oil will always have its place but we need to continue to be inavative and get out of the coal age. I’m excited to see all the amazing ideas our bright young people come up with.

That's fine untill they do away with oil and go to wind and solar and we won't have enough electric to light our homes let alone charge vehicles.
The oil industry will be fine. All the major oil producing states have been getting away from oil for the last decade. Texas is one of the leading wind producing states in America. Oil will always have its place but we need to continue to be inavative and get out of the coal age. I’m excited to see all the amazing ideas our bright young people come up with.
I'm with you OR.

I'm thinking the residents of Georgetown TX may disagree with you. Jus sayin

I'm thinking the residents of Georgetown TX may disagree with you. Jus sayin
That’s one town in the entire United States. Looking at it from an earths stand point and the 8 billion people trying to survive that is a small group of peolpe who still have a job in that industry. Nothing is going to change for them any time soon.
Just saying.

Well I guess we will know soon the reliabilty, cost efficiency, and maintenance issues of EV's as Biden has promised to replace the entire government fleet with EV's.
Amazon is ahead of that curve already. Lots of other company’s have as well. It’s not new. Lays has been using electric, lots of cities use them for their public transit for the last decade.
It’s only going to help improve the cost and help progress the industry. Lots of new innovative jobs are coming for all the thick fingure people out there.

I'm not against progress and innovation. What I'm against is progress and innovation to the point that it turns into a detriment. Cell phones were a good thing, however I don't think its so good that everybody and their brother has a pocket sized computer that enables them to do God knows what with. And now because of all of this big brother probably knows more about you than you do. I'm all for progress, but at a measured pace.

I'm not against progress and innovation. What I'm against is progress and innovation to the point that it turns into a detriment. Cell phones were a good thing, however I don't think its so good that everybody and their brother has a pocket sized computer that enables them to do God knows what with. And now because of all of this big brother probably knows more about you than you do. I'm all for progress, but at a measured pace.
You should be more worried about automation in all industry than the speed of progress and innovation in the EV industry.

Last edited:
You should be more worried about automation in all industry than the speed of progress and innovation in the EV industry.
You can't seperate them, they feed off each other. I have yet to see a computer, no matter how big or grand, that didn't need to be rebooted at some point. The more the auto industry advances with attonomus vehicles, driverless big rigs, and all this computer controlled and AI, I think we're stepping into a dangerous area that needs to be approached cautiously. Have you ever been talking with family or friends and all of a sudden youre smart phone pipes up and joins the conversation? Mine has, and I'm like WTF, what is up with this. Now take an 80k pound big rig busting down the highway at 70MPH and has a computer lock up and wipes out dozens of other unsuspecting vehicles. Just simple bad weather screws with atonimus vehicles, however in a closed climate controled environment they do just fine. Automation has been going on for decades, but you can't leave the automation unsupervised to run itself.

Back