'22 Tacoma

i agree with your one minute wait on cold AF start, sometimes i got 2 minutes to spare
cab does not heat up through the vents though for 5 miles or so but not an issue over the decades
Agreed. But you're 5 miles down the road and not still sitting in the driveway.

If you need extra time, allow me to offer a solution....... Get out of bed 5 minutes early.

Florida is nice this time of year i have read about it, have yet to personally see it feel it
Been to Florida. Didn't care for it. Too many alligators, pythons and blue hairs putting down the road.

Although, Disney World is worth the trouble.

Agreed. But you're 5 miles down the road and not still sitting in the driveway.

If you need extra time, allow me to offer a solution....... Get out of bed 5 minutes early.

the only issue my rig has in cold start is the insane high cold idle
and backing up out of a longish driveway into a blind residential street with that clutch trying to keep it under control with high idle means only letting it out halfway backing up and the extra wear and tear on it all
i never could figure that all out

the only issue my rig has in cold start is the insane high cold idle
and backing up out of a longish driveway into a blind residential street with that clutch trying to keep it under control with high idle means only letting it out halfway backing up and the extra wear and tear on it all
i never could figure that all out
Have ya tried "combat parking" ? That is, backing into your driveway when you come home. Saves time and worry when you leave the house.

Have ya tried "combat parking" ? That is, backing into your driveway when you come home. Saves time and worry when you leave the house.
sometimes i back in sometimes i don't...
whenever i am able to use that garage again there is NO WAY i can back into that o_O its not that big of one

I'll take all.the snow asap you can spare.
Miss the winter wheelin' do ya?

Finally had the adequate accumulation for it here for good wheelin' yesterday after 2 seasons of basic nuthin' but dustin

Last edited:
I miss my snowmobiling...all the trails are now closed.:(
i think an ad-hoc long roadTrip is calling your name

adventure!
adventure!!
adventure!!!

3weeks ago i ran into a roadblock in my travel plan
Too much snow! sleds only in the park

If my older-than-dirt Taco can make it this far YOURS can too ;)

IMG_6375.JPG

IMG_6376.JPG
look at all of that snow!
clean and un-salted

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6369.JPG

lots of snow still coming to the area

Been to Florida. Didn't care for it. Too many alligators, pythons and blue hairs putting down the road.

I guess it depends when, and where you go. I went to florida with the wife years ago in february visiting friends in fort meyers. It was really nice. I even took a swim at the beach. Maybe it's a lot different now, especially from the hurricane. The gators will always be there. I hear reptile hunters are making big bucks off those snakes.

I always had snowmobiling at yellowstone on my bucket list.
its been 25 years since i last had the truck there in early summer '98 when it was very young a year old, first long roadtrip with it if i recall
maybe i have some old pics stashed somewhere on some of those old Kodak rolls you had to drop off and get developed LOL

Funny. I have live in FL my whole life, 42 years as of yesterday and I have yet to see a python. Gators? Check. Blue hairs? Check. Don't forget being able to wear shorts and tee shirts nearly every day of the year and no state income tax.

Funny. I have live in FL my whole life, 42 years as of yesterday and I have yet to see a python. Gators? Check. Blue hairs? Check. Don't forget being able to wear shorts and tee shirts nearly every day of the year and no state income tax.
Python population in the Everglades is projected over 1M.

All due to release of exotic pets into the wild creating an invasive species.

so if i visit the Everglades NP you recommend to not exit the truck? because of snakes :oops:

Back