2nd gen vs 3rd gen

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by taco John, Sep 9, 2016.

1. OreoCat

OreoCat Well-Known Member

No point, it's never going to stop

Mjp2 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. tocoma guy

tocoma guy New Member

The 3rd gen looks abit better to me but he 2nd gen is faster 0-60

4. markdobie

markdobie Active Member

Thanks for input.

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

image1.GIF
    And he never came back. I'm impressed.

6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I think the gen3 looks better then any Tacoma made to date. The lines are sharp, clean, aggressive and sexy, from the headlights to the tail gate. The interior is modern and the technology is on point. I heard somewhere Lexus engineers and designers helped develop the gen3. I don't think any other Tacoma can say that.
    It's got its issues but what generation of Tacoma hasn't. Every year has its unique issues.
    Toyota is working on them.
    I feel like when I push the gas my truck goes. It's quick when it needs to be. It might not be faster off the line but I'm not out on the drag. It's faster than all the vehicles I leave behind. It's a mid size truck not a sports car.
    I love my taco like anyone else on here. I've made it mine. I'm not saying mine is better. I'm not saying gen3 is better than gen2 or gen1. They are all amazing trucks and have progressively kept up with the times. Best mid size truck for decades.
    I love seeing what you all are doing to your tacos and seeing Noobs come on here asking questions looking for help. No one likes being **** on and We are all Tacoma owners on here. Respect the process.
    Make your taco yours. Love your taco.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Bogunn likes this.