3 inch lift and above?

Millimpact2510

I am planning on buying a 2012-2013 tacoma 4 door 6' bed. I want to put a suspension lift on it a buddy told me I have to cut the frame if I want to go higher than a 3. Does any company sell a bolt on suspension lift and if so can you send me links. thanks.

6 inch lifts require cutting the crossmember. That's just how the it has to be done. You can go 3 inches with suspension and 3 inches with a body lift but body lifts are junk.

Fox, King, Icon, Bilstein, Toytech, and sway away are some 3 inch lift options. Procomp and Fabtech make 6 inch lifts. Good luck.

No way around it. You have to drop the suspension to achieve the lift. That's why 6 inch lifts aren't recommended. You lose ground clearance and you have to cut.

We have MaxTrac 4" spindles (4.5" whatever they are" along with Fox Extended Travel shocks that are adjusted about 1.5" so we have a combined 6" of lift. All we had to cut were the fenders for tire clearance

My 05 Tacoma I had a 3inch procomp with new coilovers and shocks all the way around and my front end was maxed out. My upper control arm was sitting almost on my coil spring.

Are the 3" lift options you have mentioned above easy to install yourself and if so about how long does it take

I just bought a new 2013 Toyota tacoma 2wd off road package I want to lift 3" I'm on a huge budget and trying to do little pieces at a time of things I want to do to this truck slowly.

Took me 8 hours to install my lift. I consider myself mechanically inclined. I did have some help later in the day.

How much experience do you have and recommendations. I used to work for Toyota. Tacomas are my passion this is my first one ever so I want to do things right but cost efficient. But then again who doesn't.

Ok, now to just find a good lift. I've heard about an OEM stock lift but don't remember anything about it

There is no OEM lift. Maybe the Baja suspension can be considered as an OEM lift but it is 1500. For 300 more I got full Fox suspension.

There is no OEM lift. Maybe the Baja suspension can be considered as an OEM lift but it is 1500. For 300 more I got full Fox suspension.

Since ive seen "lift kits" for under 500 bucks (usually spacers)...I imagine this is the nice way of saying dont lift your truck unless you spend the cake and do it the right way. Not that i need to lift my wife thinks its high enough already!

Back