3rd gen windshield replacement

Talked to the safelite technician about how many 3rd gen tacoma windshields he replaced; he commented quite a bit. Anyway the main concern here was the amount of rust underneath the two black moldings. I’m taking it into Toyota next week to have it looked at and hopefully they have the same adhesive that safelite used to glue those things back on. I took some videos no pictures.

Talked to the safelite technician about how many 3rd gen tacoma windshields he replaced; he commented quite a bit. Anyway the main concern here was the amount of rust underneath the two black moldings. I’m taking it into Toyota next week to have it looked at and hopefully they have the same adhesive that safelite used to glue those things back on. I took some videos no pictures.
Post the videos to youtube and then post the link here.

5AF8BBBE-D457-42B3-8878-D87847C6FFFD.jpeg on a side note. I took the cowl (spelling) off just to clean the crap off the top of the grill to the cabin air filter side. I noticed there was only one gasket or protective strip on the passenger side of the cowl which I’d assume is to protect water from getting into the cabin air filter. Question is: is there suppose to be two strips? One on the cabin air filter side and another on the drivers side?
If so, then I am missing a strip lol

Sorry for the crappy Snapchat picture I’m just trying to get this back on quickly before it rains and I need to find out if there is a strip on the drivers side. Thanks

Back