4wd's Budget Build

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by 4wd, Jul 12, 2013.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Hit 65 today. It’s suppose to be a little warmer tomorrow 67.

4wd likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

EE95E233-F03F-4AA6-828B-4B88C8EBE81F.jpeg

4wd and Bogunn like this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Exactly right. When the unions were needed it was a lot different.
    My grandfather’s generation literally got paid in scrip (company money), lived in company houses, etc. That’s why they fought and died to get the unions started here. The younger generations are entitled and act like whippersnapper02’s coworkers.

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

Unions use to help ensure that employers where treating employees equally and fairly. People use to start a job and they would do that job for 30-40 years. They would receive raises and bonuses for working hard. They would retire with a nice pension and benefits. Now People job jump. People have become self entitled and companies have become greedy again. Many companies no longer pay or treat their long term employees like they use to.
    Ive met plenty for folks who have worked for a company for 20-30 years and the kid who just got hired on is making as much and sometimes even more than them. I’ve seen it go the other way. Long term employee makes to much and the company puts them out and hires the kid for half the cost.
    A lot of companies like to pay salary instead of hourly. When companies use to do salary pay it was to help insure that the worker was paid well regardless of if there was work or not and included vacations and sick days. This was to benefit the employee. Now it’s more of a benefit for the employer. They pay a 40hr week salary wage and want you to work 60hrs a week. Technology has helped with this. They give you sick days but then don’t want you to use them and will write you up if you do. These are some things that unions use to help protect against. It’s really a double edge sword. It’s been abused on both ends.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok, take your political union shit & get the fuck off my build thread... I mean really.....:p

7. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Ok, the day has come, I'm getting ready to R&R my rear diff that grenaded about a month ago, I'll add some pics as I go .... So crack a beer, twist a joint, turn off the phone & we'll see what happens...

EDIT: I'll also be adding new front CV's & some Eibach coils for the front so I can level out...

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. OR17TRD

Missing...Turn up the music...

4wd likes this.
  9. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Lol, funny shit right there...

Ok, the 3rd is out/axles pulled, pics up shortly...

10. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

One thing this pinion & I have in common, no teeth haha...

IMG_20171104_171913 (600x800).jpg

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

driverside rear, ugly...
    IMG_20171104_164106.jpg

& find a little box for nutsy & boltsy...

IMG_20171104_171858.jpg

OR17TRD likes this.
  12. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

13. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

I gotta quit fuckin' around on this forum & get my truck done... so off to de grease axles/diff etc;...

Bogunn likes this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Good luck.

15. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Did u make it to the donut store?

4wd and OR17TRD like this.
  16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You know he’s sitting on the tailgate of his Impulse Red Pearl Tacoma eating a Crepe and listening to smooth jazz while drinking a latte.

OR17TRD, 4wd and Bojangles like this.
  17. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You know @4wd is away from his Tandy 1000 desktop because he’d have been all over my last post

4wd and Bojangles like this.
  18. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

You guys aren't helping ya know....

OR17TRD, Bogunn and Bojangles like this.
  19. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Hey, just like K-mart, radio shack sucks...

Bogunn likes this.
  20. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Alrighty, I'm going to L.A. tomorrow (Montclair to be exact) to pick up new E locker & hopefully my new CV's & Eibachs get here too, hoping to be rolling again by Fri. afternoon or Sat. morning...

Here's what's left of my pinion...

IMG_20171108_205348.jpg
    & tapped in my outer oil seals...

IMG_20171108_155114.jpg

Cleaned & gasketed pumpkin & ready to recieve...

IMG_20171108_153256.jpg

Bogunn, OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Good luck man.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017