6" lift with 35's rubbing?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Cwarner272, Mar 30, 2014.

1. jesssenc

jesssenc Active Member

Should I been fine if I ran a 6" Rough Country with 33s and 1.25 wheel spacers?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Cwarner272

Cwarner272 Well-Known Member

I did that and had rubbing

4. jesssenc

jesssenc Active Member

What if I cut the front flaps off?

5. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

Don't cut them. Unbolt them. There's 2-3 screws and 3-4 of the plastic lock things. Pop up the middle with a screw driver.

tommyboy, BrandiG and sfstud2002 like this.
  6. silverpataco

silverpataco Well-Known Member

BMC is easily done then weld some plate over the opening or pay someone a few bucks! I always trim back the rear of the wheel well and fender flare! No rubbing with 305/70-17 with 1.5" spacers !

g_chandler85 likes this.
  7. jesssenc

jesssenc Active Member

Thanks man.

8. jesssenc

jesssenc Active Member

Yeah I'll just do that.

9. silverpataco

silverpataco Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I agree don't cut mud flaps off unbolt them and pop the plastic rivet out!

10. BrandiG

BrandiG New Member

I see this post is over a year old but figured a response is worth a shot. I have a 2015 prerunner. I just recently installed a 6 inch rc lift and 35 12.50 17s and dont have the rubbing everyone is talking about. I also didnt have to do any cutting but people are saying well something must be wrong then cause i should have rubbing with 35s..