Another frame rot issue?

TacoD

I got a letter from Toyota last week about my 2015 Tacoma. I contacted the dealer and they will get back to me. I guess they are going to treat the frame with a CRC treatment to prevent rot.... anyone else get this letter?

D

I lost my 00 Tacoma (regular cab, manual trans, 4x4) to frame rust. I would trade my 2016 TRD off-road in a second for my old Tacoma. Toyota has to get serious about their corrosion issues because the competition doesn't seem to have them.

I lost my 00 Tacoma (regular cab, manual trans, 4x4) to frame rust. I would trade my 2016 TRD off-road in a second for my old Tacoma. Toyota has to get serious about their corrosion issues because the competition doesn't seem to have them.
My co-worker has a '14 f-250 and its getting real bad .and my friend who owns a body shop just finished restoring his '06 GMC cuz it was real bad from cab back frame rot and it had & no rocker panels left .and. neither of them have ever been on the beach! at least Toyota is checking and fixing them .that's why I bought another after my 03 tundra ..

I don't under stand why they don't just dip the chassis in galvanize like my' 85. 928 Porsche. it was all galvy.

Well it’s at the stealership now... I’m supposed to pick it up tomorrow. I’m just concerned that they will want me to sign a waiver covering their ass against frame replacement Incase the undercoating doesn’t hold.

I've been helping my nephew truck shop and there is alot of crap out there and alot of it's not cheap .we looked at 3 ford f150's , 2012 ish like 13 k with 140 k on them .they were junk frame rot and no rockers left and the used car lots just blow some fresh undercoat and call it a day !wtf .! So when Toyota backs their products the way they do that's why ill buy another one .we been looking for a taco but they are scarce!

I checked in with the dealership who sold me my 2015 Tacoma. They verified the need to either coat the frame or replace it, depending on whether it gets a pass or fail upon inspection. The coating application is a 2 day process, so they are offering the use of a loner if needed. I’m located in Connecticut, and so far no dealerships are doing the coating because they haven’t been given the training on how to apply it yet. I’m not sure if there will be any guarantees as far as warranty for the Tacoma’s going forward.

Yeah I'm on the cape and Hyannis Toyota coated the frame on my 03 tundra it was a joke it lasted about 6 months and it looked and was wet undercoat of some sort most of it just disappeared .so I wire brushed primed painted and sprayed the frame and floors with 12 cans of duplicolor truck bed liner .lasted quite a while . just did some touch up here and there.I was not impressed at all .I did the same to my '16 taco!

The mechanic I usually bring my truck to for regular maintenance was the one who brought the rust issue to my attention. Then a few days later I saw the post about the rust issue for the 2015 model. Hopefully Toyota will do the job right. This Tacoma is the only Toyota I’ve ever owned so I don’t have a long history with the company. I wanted this truck to last a long time and would suck if the frame gave out before everything else. Living in the Northeast makes it a bit more challenging because of the winter conditions.

I live on cape cod I had an 03 tundra for 13 years best truck I ever owned .did steering rack , timing belt brakes and oil changes in put 135 K on it . had a good frame I washed underneath all the time .that's y I bought another .

Came from a 2001 tundra 4.7 with 292 k miles and the frame was still in great shape. I had it sprayed down with fluid film every year. Loved the truck, but not the fuel mileage. I already treated my 2020 tacoma chassis with cosmoline rp-342 so it should be good for awhile.

Back