Bed Lights

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Joonkin, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Joonkin

Joonkin Active Member

I have a 2016 SR5 and was wanting to install under rail bed lights. I'd like to wire it into the existing bed light switch to come on when the one on the rear of the cab comes on. Is this possible?

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. jromo

jromo Member

There are led ones that don't have to be wired, they take AA batteries

4. jromo

jromo Member

5. OP
    Joonkin

Joonkin Active Member

I was thinking about those but they only go on one side. I found a thread on another forum where someone installed a door pin switch that makes them come on when you lower the tailgate and turns off when you close it.

6. scott.c.wickham

scott.c.wickham Active Member

I'd like to trigger more lights off the factory bed light switch too. Where to tap in?

7. OP
    Joonkin

Joonkin Active Member

I ended up hooking them up to a momentary switch that I installed behind the tailgate right above the latch. So now they come on when I open the tailgate and go off when I close it.

8. Val rodrigues

Val rodrigues New Member

C

9. Val rodrigues

Val rodrigues New Member

Costco sells a 6 pak led stick-on with batterys and remote. Have them under my bar and kitchen cabinets. Work great. Now have another set for my tacoma bed. They only cost 19 dollars.

bestantonio likes this.
  10. bradjolly

bradjolly New Member

Just find the wires that go to the existing bed lights and tap Into the. Might have to drill a small hole Into the bed to get the wires thru.

11. DavidM310

DavidM310 Member

Excellent, will look in to this. Can't go wrong with more lights! I'll have this thing looking like a Christmas tree before long.