Better than the Original

While the idea is to post remakes that were better than the original, I'm kinda putting a twist on that (BC i know you will forgive me ) :) CCR's original version of this great song is by far the best it will ever be played. However I thought it is was worth posting another rendition since..well since its Johnny Cash...:)

Watch "Johnny Cash - Rainbow - 05/10 Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" on YouTube

Last edited:
While the idea is to post remakes that were better than the original, I'm kinda putting a twist on that (BC i know you will forgive me ) :) CCR's original version of this great song is by far the best it will ever be played. However I thought it is was worth posting another rendition since..well since its Johnny Cash...:)

Watch "Johnny Cash - Rainbow - 05/10 Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" on YouTube

Interesting enough, but I just didn't really get into it.
And while I know that The Man in Black, had huge legions of fans, maybe it is in part because his music was never what I considered great. It is okay, just not great.

A song that will make me feel a lot of emotions is the remake of Fields of Gold, by Eva Cassidy.
Turn it up load, close your eyes, and just listen.
She was another great who passed away much too young.
For me at least, her voice is magical!

Point taken and respected. Johnny Cash, love his music, hate his music, tolerate his music, those sentiments are shared and contested by music listeners. Whether generational, music taste, or general preference they all come into play. That's what makes music so special ..variety. While the song above isn't music shattering by any means, the point was to post his version just because... it was Johnny Cash. I have certainly heard far better versions of this classic song, save for the original. I am going to have a listen to Ava Cassidy's song now. Thanks BC.

Last edited:
Back