Black paint

I still see my 2001 tundra every once in awhile to when driving on these back roads here...its gray /sliver too, but the paint, and clear coat is not so great. It's still got the farm plates on it. It's gotta have over 300k miles.

I was skeptical if the ceramic coating made sense. After claybaring my 2017, 2 1/2 years ago and then applying the Groits Ceramic coating, the paint is amazing. Still smooth as (use your own analogy), water rolls off, and nothing sticks to it. Truck only has 96k miles on it, but looks great. They recommend redoing it alternating years but I might do it next year. Maybe.

Could have taken it out to do “professionally” but if I do it at least I know there were no shortcuts taken.

I recently did the claybar and ceramic on my 67 Sunbeam Alpine’s 30+ year old base coat/clear coat paint (admittedly never been outside overnight) and it looks great. Glassy.

I also use the ceramic glass treatment on the Tacoma and my 2 Alpines, and ceramic chrome coating on the Alpines.

Imo, the paint on my 2001 tundra was always on the soft side. It would take a paint chip from a rock very easy. Heck, by the time I had 90k miles on this truck, it had many paint chips on the hood, and bed sides. At 250k all the clear coat on the roof had peeled away.

Back