Considering 2014 Tacoma - Some questions

Thanks @Demo Man . Read the thread. Pretty informative, not to mention creative. But like @whippersnapper02 said, it does nothing which is disappointing. Any ideas how to get more airflow or cool the engine down?

Why do you think you need more cooling?

I know. Creative for sure. I know some guys run the URD CAI. Gadget is a genius when comes to stuff for the trucks.

In the end the guy is a salesman.

Why do you think you need more cooling?

In the end the guy is a salesman.

Owner, creator and salesman all in one. He stands by his stuff. I've seen his work first hand. Make no mistake. He is 100% for real.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

The air would be colder in the front, wouldn't that gain horsepower?

The air is only going to be as cold as ambient temperature. The stock intake pulls from the inner fender which is isolated from engine heat so it is pulling from the same ambient temperature as the URD intake. There might be a 1 degree difference between the fender and the front of the truck so that's probably worth a whole 2 horsepower.

The air is only going to be as cold as ambient temperature. The stock intake pulls from the inner fender which is isolated from engine heat so it is pulling from the same ambient temperature as the URD intake. There might be a 1 degree difference between the fender and the front of the truck so that's probably worth a whole 2 horsepower.
Would a better air filter alone do that much?

Back