Differential recall

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Chris Ciavola, Jun 11, 2017.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Everyone uses RTV now, just not orange? It should be oil resistant black or grey. Orange is usually high heat , on your engine, gear oil is hard on most RTV, unless it states oil safe @ this point IDK anymore.

Crawdad and Bogunn like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha. I heard that. I had to think about it too. It’s been a while since I used RTV sealant.
    I used to be able to do about anything and everything to a vehicle I wanted. I can still do basic maintenance and more than most I guess. But the more the technology advances and the longer warranty coverages the less I do.
    I miss the old stuff, but maybe it’s sentiment too because I sure don’t miss changing water pumps, alternators, etc on the side of the road.
    Now I have roadside assistance.

Crawdad and OR17TRD like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I’m right there too.

Bogunn likes this.
  5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Yeah, the sillycone was just to stick the string to. Haha, I use very minimal orange on engines. Pretty much just enough to stick the gasket. I don't like seeing goop squeezing out of every nook and cranny.

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  6. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth! I drove a 69 F-100 short bed that I wasn't scared to take anywhere but it liked to keep me on my toes. Haha.

Bogunn likes this.