Excited for this Forum let’s go!

I appreciate it, I actually got a really good deal on the wheels from a friend. I paid $650 for all four and they came with tires. They’re 17 inch anthem wheels which I couldn’t afford if I bought them new.

I appreciate it, I actually got a really good deal on the wheels from a friend. I paid $650 for all four and they came with tires. They’re 17 inch anthem wheels which I couldn’t afford if I bought them new.

That’s a good friend to sell you 17” anthems with the tires at that price. Lol

Haha. Me too. My first car was an 89 Plymouth Horizon. I would have loved to have had a Taco.
Mine was a Saturn ION.... [emoji19]
Mine was a 65 mustang. It sounds cool but it was a POS. It was burnt amber and rusted out had a cream color fabric or vinyl type stuff glued to the top of it that was peeling off everywhere and rusted under it. Looked kind of like this one. 6AF879EF-891F-46FF-9D38-2197ECDA113D.jpeg

I bought a 65 mustang. It sounds cool but it was a POS. It was burnt amber and rusted out had a cream color fabric or vinyl type stuff glued to the top of it that was peeling off everywhere and rusted under it. Looked kind of like this one. View attachment 20698

It was still a ‘65 Mustang so you get props for that.
That’s cooler than this.... lol
That was a dependable and indestructible old car though.
IMG_0448.JPG
Mine looked like this but it had bungee cords holding the grille and headlights in. And a milk crate holding the drivers seat back up.

It was still a ‘65 Mustang so you get props for that.
That’s cooler than this.... lol
That was a dependable and indestructible old car though.
View attachment 20699
Mine looked like this but it had bungee cords holding the grille and headlights in. And a milk crate holding the drivers seat back up.
My first was a truck just like this one but not as shiny. Haha, I bought it from an old man we went to church with for $400 because #1 cylinder had zero compression. It was a 300 I6 with a 3-on-the-tree. Easy rebuild and I drove that thing working all over the southeast. I also had a right-hand drive, mail carrier Jeep that was never road legal but didn't matter too much where I grew up. It mainly was the hunting rig. I got it cheap because of a bad cylinder too. Haha20180906_224449.jpeg

My first was a truck just like this one but not as shiny. Haha, I bought it from an old man we went to church with for $400 because #1 cylinder had zero compression. It was a 300 I6 with a 3-on-the-tree. Easy rebuild and I drove that thing working all over the southeast. I also had a right-hand drive, mail carrier Jeep that was never road legal but didn't matter too much where I grew up. It mainly was the hunting rig. I got it cheap because of a bad cylinder too. HahaView attachment 20704
I got my 65 from an old guy down the road and it had a bad head. He worked with me to fix it and I was mowing lawns around the neighborhood all summer to buy it $800 took another $200 to fix it. $1000 total in the engine was solid and the interior was ok the outside was fugly. Haha learned a lot that summer.

I got my 65 from an old guy down the road and it had a bad head. He worked with me to fix it and I was mowing lawns around the neighborhood all summer to buy it $800 took another $200 to fix it. $1000 total in the engine was solid and the interior was ok the outside was fugly. Haha learned a lot that summer.
Nice! Gotta love those deals! Mine needed a bore, a set of pistons and I just gave it a total rebuild at that point. Never looked back at it after that though. The 300 is probably the easiest and simplest engine I've ever worked on. Kinda got my eye out for another one, a 70's SWB 4x4 with the np205 transfer case and a 4 speed would be ideal.

Nice! Gotta love those deals! Mine needed a bore, a set of pistons and I just gave it a total rebuild at that point. Never looked back at it after that though. The 300 is probably the easiest and simplest engine I've ever worked on. Kinda got my eye out for another one, a 70's SWB 4x4 with the np205 transfer case and a 4 speed would be ideal.

I love the 300. IMO one of the best motors ever made.

Back