Exhaust clamps?

See that's what I found also, but then I saw where a guy said its not really 2.5, but 2.389 so I'm not positive, I guess I'll just wait till I get my truck back to be 100% positive thanks for the help tho!

These are the numbers I was pulling from companies that sell exhaust systems for the Taco. OEM replacement. Anyway your better off just measuring what you have to be sure. Also contact that company about the clamp, I checked advanced auto & autozone neither sell that type. It looks to be what your looking for. $9 isn't bad for something that will work. If there is a number to call you can try that as well.

Good luck to ya. For all intent and purposes welding would be the best bet. You could just ask a local welding shop what they would charge. Probably be a lot cheaper than a muffler shop.

Yeah I was thinking about welding at first, but in the end I want to have a full custom exhaust for my truck and clamps are good cause they make a perfect seal and you can disassemble your whole exhaust easily, so until I get it just right I think I'll just stick with clamps

I know what you mean, if I had my way I would have headers and mufflers like my Chevelle, but don't want to deal with tearing off all my exhaust on this thing for a V6. That way I could run open headers when running the drags. But, a V6 just doesn't sound the same as a big V8. And I'm not running drags with a Taco. So I like the quiet exhaust I have on it.

Yeah v-6 don't sound that great but this is all I got so I might as well go all out on it haha, what year Chevelle do you have

Red

attachment.php

Rebuilt the entire drive-train back in '80 and heads up in '85. Parked it in '94 has 66k on her. Cost way to much to fuel got about 6 MPG. And it's hard to keep the foot out of it. Everytime I drove it I ended up breaking something, transmission, rearend, blew clutches. Currently need to rebuild again. Cost way to much do it and build up my Taco. So once I'm done with the Taco I'll be looking into rebuilding it again.

Dang that's a shame, old cars are just money pits put still you got to love em. That's a nice car tho man. Also I think pro comp sells a 4.5in lift for the 70 chevelles, you should look into that :)

Lift a Chevelle? Naw that thing when you romp on it pulls the front end up, and then hugs the ground. I put a shock threw the right side truck hot rodding it. Had to have it welded back. Running 375 HP stock and I never did bore it over so have lots of play room for building it up. One thing I never blew was the engine. Waterpumps only thing. I can change the transmission in 3 hrs in that thing, I blew them so many times. Usually 2nd or 3rd gear. Got all 4 gear scratch. Lot of fun to drive. Never lost a race in her, had 1 tie with a '69 Roadrunner 440 magnum. She'll do over 140 MPH. Owned her since '79 my 2nd car.

I know but I do recall seeing several late '60s 4x4 Camaro's back in the '80s and 1 4x4 Pacer back then. They had monster tires on them and looked really good to be honest. The Pacer was put on a Jeep frame. But wasn't into 4x4's back then just Hot Rods. When parts and gas went up in the mid '80s and I was married with kids put a clamp on my hot rodding days. Now I'm free and into 4x4's lol! But I did hang onto my Chevelle.

Haha yeah I've seen those 4x4 camaros and what not they are pretty cool, but I think that's a waste of a good classic car that could be taking down some Hondas. Yeah 6mpg I'm sure isn't very fun for your wallet

When gas was .79 to .99 a gallon it wasn't any problem but then it started climbing about the mid '90s and I got my HiLux then, I had blew the clutch linkage apart and couldn't get parts for about a year. By then the little 22R gave me such good mileage I didn't want to start wrenching on the Chevelle, that and my daughter was in her teens by then, another money guzzler.

Yeah those 22r were great engines, one of my buddies from school has one and we take it off road about every week and beat the crap out of it and it has never died on us once

Those 22r's are legend for Toyota. I sold it when I got my PreRunner in '02. Had 300k on her and still going strong. Good little engine. The PreRunner had a 3.4L and never had any problem with that engine either, just the frame rotted out from under her, at least Toyota took good care of me on that in Dec last year. Now I own the 4x4 Taco I've wanted since I got the PreRunner. I kinda fell into the PreRunner, my stepdad had died and it was his, he bought it new so I bought it from my mom with 17k on it, since she couldn't pay her car and it as well. She didn't need a repo on her credit and I needed something newer.

Anyway I'm heading to bed have to be at work in 7 hrs. Catch up with ya later.

Back