Exhaust system

Rajah dat. My SC guy was telling me they measure the sound decibels too now. I just got my SC a week before i lifted it. My tires stick out a mere 1-1/2" and the boys down at Island Performance said it might not pass next one. My trucks in the system now (stock) but i did tell my SC its gonna be lifted and aftermarket stuff will be added soon. As long as i stay within safety he'll have no prob. Gonna get the bushwackers just in case.

I'll check out the magnaflow. Hows in the in-cabin noise?

Thanks Kona, do u know what i can expect cost wise from Kona muffler to just install a muffler and custom routeing?

I dont do heavy 4x4ing to the point of fully tweaking my suspension so im not to concerned with shortening my tailpipe

Btw watched your youtube vids, good ones. Been to any other trails? Ive found a couple in Ka'u that im gonna check out. Have you been above Mana road? The 40mile round trip around Mauna Kea?

Thanks Kona, do u know what i can expect cost wise from Kona muffler to just install a muffler and custom routeing?

I dont do heavy 4x4ing to the point of fully tweaking my suspension so im not to concerned with shortening my tailpipe

Btw watched your youtube vids, good ones. Been to any other trails? Ive found a couple in Ka'u that im gonna check out. Have you been above Mana road? The 40mile round trip around Mauna Kea?

Mine cost like $150-200 if I remember right

I've been on mana road but I didn't go off the trail too far. Other than that just beach trails, makalawena/cinder hill

I want to hit road to the sea the next time I'm home (I go to manoa)

Road to the sea is a 2 out of 5 from what im told. The road to Green Sands has some wicked trails that i didnt venture on when stock.

Thanks for the info.

I just seem to post questions in here and soon after find out an answer doing research on the net.

Mag offers 2.5-3.0" in/out lets on their mufflers. When i measured my stock circumference it was 7-1/2" Other Taco forums discussed this matter and suggested the 2.5" so that is what i chose.

I think I am going to go with the aero turbine muffler. Can any one tell me what size inlet/out let I will need on a 2nd gen 4cyl? Have be researching and have heard 2.25, 2.5 and even 2.39 stock. Just wanted to be sure before making a purchase.

O1prerunner, i made the mistake of measuring the circumference of the piping. If you measure the inside top to bottom it should be 2.5 or 2-1/2" tubing.

I was only able to measure from my tailpipe just after the contour of the tail end where it measured roughly 2-1/2"

If its 2.39 at the in/out pipes of the muffler then i think i'll check with my muffler shop before purchase. I donʻt know how they install it whether its slipped into the existing stock pipe then welded or and exact match then welded. I understand any interference in flow may affect performance so i want to make sure iʻve got the right measurement too.

any good shop should be able to stretch pipes to make them fit

I got a 2.5" in/out 18" magnaflow, but 1st gen exhausts are closer to 2.0

wasnt a problem

Back