First road trip in the taco

Reading and watching more about this on YouTube and getting intrigued, do you have this in your truck? If you pull up to Toyota with this on will this void any warranties?
I don’t have it. I have a $0 8yr 125k mile platinum warranty. I just drive it and if it blows up because it wants to hold 4500 RPMs in 3rd gear going 70mph up a hill then I’ll get It fixed on their dime.

I don’t have it. I have a $0 8yr 125k mile platinum warranty. I just drive it and if it blows up because it wants to hold 4500 RPMs in 3rd gear going 70mph up a hill then I’ll get It fixed on their dime.
That sounds like a legit warranty!

That’s where I’m at with it too. I have the 100k platinum. If it breaks they gotta fix it.

lol this is what I get for not waiting for the manual I allocated.

My manual does just peachy on steep grades! Even pulling a decently heavy cargo trailer, I rarely need 3rd. I pick a gear when the hill starts and hang my toenails in it. I’m usually not the one getting passed. Looking for that OV tune pretty shortly. Should be a happy camper after that. I had a 4.0 TRD OR before this one. It was a manual too. They’re good engines, no doubt, but I do not feel that I have a lack of power. I’m super happy with the 3.5. Just don’t care for the “bog” when I let off of the clutch at a stop sign, it goes away in a split second and I’ve adjusted my “taking off” muscle memory I guess, I’m still usually the first one across the intersection. [emoji23]
These engines were made for RPM’s and they really like it! [emoji57] it’s not a 1960’s V8 that might grenade itself if you hold it at 4,000rpm for too long, spin that bish up! She’ll thank you for it and repay you by giving you funny feelings in the seat of your pants when you’re on a gravel road in 3rd gear with your heel to the steel and she hits that next power band around 4,500rpm and you was watching the curve ahead of you and didn’t notice where the tac was.

Last edited:
The auto shifting at the beginning was strange and I would say dangerous, I get out of my neighborhood on to a busy state road with a middle lane to merge (very safe!) at first the taco would just linger for about 3 to 4 sec enough time to wonder if I was giving sufficient gas and give it more then it would take off like an uncontrollable rocket! Now it has leaned more controllable take offs or maybe my foot has learned!

Back