Fuel filter change 08 taco

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by taco John, Sep 5, 2016.

1. taco John

taco John Well-Known Member

Ok I know we've talked about this before but I wanna talk about it again. So I already know 2nd gen fuel filters are inside the gas tanks but I still believe mine should be changed since my truck has 189,000 miles on her. There's no way that filter can stay clean that long? Any reason why Toyota didn't make this apart of scheduled maintenance? How can I get it changed? Is the only way to get it done by going to the dealer to have it changed?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

If you believe it should be changed, go ahead and change it. You can get it changed by going to a dealer and asking them to do it. Likely, they will expect you to pay them to perform this task.

4. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

It was already answered...urdusa.com

http://urdusa.com/store/Fuel-Pumps/...uel-Pump/Filter-Upgrade-Kit/product_info.html

U have 2 options... overpay dealer to reinstall a pos pump and sock, or do the urd with inline filter.
    Thats it. I highly doubt u will find a single different sensible answer here, just like you didnt in your other thread.

If you cant figure out how to clean your throttle body by now, id suggest u find someone else to do this fuel pump/filter for you.

Urd even hand fed you futher by offering detailed instructions with pictures.

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  5. rec2570

rec2570 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it....

6. OP
    taco John

taco John Well-Known Member

Ok thanks guys.

7. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Out of sight out of mind.
    I had steel shavings in mine, which i hear is COMMON, and seen another changed in around 15k that was filthy.

But.... yeah, dont worry bout it. If u cant see it, it dont matter.

8. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

Apparently is doesn't matter. All of those Hondas, Toyotas, Chrysler products running around out there for the last 20 years or so and it doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

9. rec2570

If it was that big of an issue, why would it be inside the tank? How often do you replace your fuel filters in your vehicles?

10. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

For cooling.... now why no filter?
    I have no good reason, and neither will a manufacturer if they are being truthful.

Do u forget about the truck not being able to carry its rated payload?
    How about mislabeled hp numbers in 2005?
    How about not filling transmissions fully?
    How about loose rear u bolts on the showroom floor?
    How about misprinted tq specs?
    How about poor driveline angles bone stock?

How about the total idiots who claimed lifetime trans fluid and the dumbasses who believed it?

Dont forget the ice for your koolaide

11. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

I assume u also run plat plugs and leave em for 100k.
    I have a blower which calls for plat plugs and they will not ever see 60k even.

12. rec2570

Blah blah blah. How often do you change your fuel filter? Got any pics of your truck? You English sure has gotten much better ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1473122592.100510.jpg

taco John, texastacoma and btp001 like this.
  13. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Its answered... 30k

Im not crawling under my truck right now for pics of the fuel filter relocate. I have food on the grille.

My english is thanks to a great teacher

14. rec2570

That's one great teacher! Rosetta Stone?

taco John and btp001 like this.
  15. rec2570

No pics a of your truck at all? Is your cookout vegan friendly?

taco John likes this.
  16. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Nope, burgers.
    Ur questioning my filter, so, u want a pic of my hood?
    Pissoff. U get what u get

17. rec2570

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1473124299.650241.jpg

taco John and texastacoma like this.
  18. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Coming from such well versed bunch of tacoma owners, thats funny.
    I just see tons of spacers, ppl who dont even know what lifts they said they had, **** in closets, k&ns, throttle body spacers, bodylift wanting, owners who treat others in the known like fools.

19. rec2570

Why are you here then?

taco John and btp001 like this.
  20. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

I dont know..
    Maybe im not.
    Either who, ill watch and laugh at the funnies.
    Make sure to run ur tank till its almost empty before refilling.

21. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

I mean seriously, the op here didnt even know what lift he had in his closet.