Gas mileage in my new Tacoma

Just did a 300 mile trip on Friday on a secondary road where speed limit is 55-60 and was getting around 25mpg.

20190531_174736.jpg

My tank average for the trip was 23mpg which included some idle time and city traffic.

20190531_174748.jpg

Forgot to add that the truck is a 2018 TRD Sport 4X4 and running OVT 87 base tune. The fuel mileage is actually better than what's displayed by about 1mpg because I'm running 265/70R17 tires.

Last edited:
Just did a 300 mile trip on Friday on a secondary road where speed limit is 55-60 and was getting around 25mpg.

View attachment 26080

My tank average for the trip was 23mpg which included some idle time and city traffic.

View attachment 26081

Forgot to add that the truck is a 2018 TRD Sport 4X4 and running OVT 87 base tune. The fuel mileage is actually better than what's displayed by about 1mpg because I'm running 265/70R17 tires.
At this speeds I believe that's pretty darn good! Maybe our Commander In Chief should reinstate the national 55 mph speed limit again and save us all some money............. Haha just kidding. I'd go nutz driving 55 in Texas!

My '16 sporty turd gets 18-19 around town .speeds under 45 with 265-70-17 .i just turned 30k . .I love my truck .this was highway .

Attachments

• 20180923_090531.jpg
    20180923_090531.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
I have check the speedo with the digital speed warning trailer the police put on the side of the road and its deadnuts to how fast im going . Whats fun is when no one is around you can stop a ways up the street and punch it to see it accelerate! But i' ve never done this myself. Ive just heard people do it o_O

I have check the speedo with the digital speed warning trailer the police put on the side of the road and its deadnuts to how fast im going . Whats fun is when no one is around you can stop a ways up the street and punch it to see it accelerate! But i' ve never done this myself. Ive just heard people do it o_O

My speedo is bang on as well running 265/70R17's but my odo was out.

Of course the Cape Crusader would never do something like that! Bwah ha!:D

With All my upgrades I was having a average of 16.4 mpg .... But I have been using Regular gas for 4 weeks now......
I've noticed i have to run 87 octane grade fuel for the best fuel economy. If i run any grade higher my mpg suffer.
I agree with running speeds below 60 to get the best fuel economy. If i run 75 mph my fuel economy takes a hit....i'll drop as low as 20 mpg, and change.

Back