Getting harder to start

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Sam091990, Sep 16, 2019.

1. OP
    Sam091990

Sam091990 Active Member

So i got my hands on a OBDII reader and checked, apparently AN Ford cleared the MIL cause i get 3 issues, all relating to my secondary air pump.

P2441- Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed Bank 1

P2443- Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed Bank 2

P2445- Secondary Air Injection System Pump Stuck Off Bank 1

My I/M readiness says EVAP (Evaporative System Monitor) and AIR (Secondary Air Monitor) tests are inconclusive.

Could that cause this issue?
    If so any clue how to fix it? Would the engine tune-up Toyota wants to do help?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yes it could cause some of the issues.
    A standard tune up wouldn’t cover that BUT Toyota is apparently covering them on some of the second gens due to them being a faulty part.
    Take a look at this link on Tacoma world.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/toyota-now-covering-secondary-air-injection-pump.536972/

4. OP
    Sam091990

Sam091990 Active Member

I will have to look into that, I received no such letter, but I also bought it at a FORD dealer lol.

Thanks
    Sam