GLA!... how much is this gonna cost?

What happened? I think I can see an old person in the reflection of the last photo.

out-of-state roadtrip (Illinois) to visit some relatives and old friends of a long-time friend that passed years ago
backed up traffic, sitting stationary, at a red light in the dark at 5:30pm
a guy in his commericial truck (Chevy Colorado) heading back to the office or on call to a jobsite was also sitting stopped behind
then the BANG
he said there was someone behind that had been riding his a$$ too close for comforts and to avoid them rear ending him he tried to maneuver into the right turning lane to avoid gitting hit from behind and clipped the back of the Taco :eek: from his driver front left corner
no bodily injuries

Last edited:
Same for the gen3 bumper...it's to save one money....you just remove a couple bolts, pop the plastic retaining rivets, to replace the broken piece. I took my rear bumper apart to cosmoline the steel section underneath where all the salt, and sand collects.

Same for the gen3 bumper...it's to save one money....you just remove a couple bolts, pop the plastic retaining rivets, to replace the broken piece. I took my rear bumper apart to cosmoline the steel section underneath where all the salt, and sand collects.

should i 'cheap out' on this repair?

other party was at fault in a company truck,
so i suppose he has insurance but doesn't want the rates to possibly get jacked on the fleet

got an initial estimate of +4700$ ...not including rental vehicle for the nine(ish) days to repair

Last edited:
Let the other guy be responsible for the costs.

Hmmmm.... the only damage I see is the taillight. Those are about $200, then install. Although, these are held in with just a couple of screws and 1/4 turn sockets. Maybe a 15 minute job to pull the broken light and install the replacement.

Body shop said the bed has to be pulled to remove and fix the side panel and whatever part got jammed behind the taillight assembly
Something structural?

Back to my original comment.

Let the other guy be responsible for the costs. His insurance premiums are not your problem or concern.

i have no clue how the bed side-panels are constructed on these trucks and what is behind it all :confused:

something damaged broke back behind there that likely doubled the repair bill in an instant

other party was at fault in a company truck,
so i suppose he has insurance but doesn't want the rates to possibly get jacked on the fleet

got an initial estimate of +4700$ ...not including rental vehicle for the nine(ish) days to repair
His insurance will take care of it...done deal. It's no longer your problem. Hope you filed a report to the police if this guy claims he's not at fault.

No injuries so he said Illinois law does not require police involvement and waiting 2 to 4 hours for law enforcement to show up

How is he not at fault since everybody stopped and backed up at a stop light

I thought for sure the driver behind him was the one that rear-ended him and pushed him forward but not the case
The other driver behind him did get out of their vehicle to check it out and then drove off!

Back