GLA!... how much is this gonna cost?

The clear coat on my 2001 tundras roof peeled bad when it got around 15 years old. I think it's just the nature of these water based paints manufactures now use. It's a major reason I went with a professionally done ceramic glass coating on my tacoma this time. Hoping the same doesn't happen.

i do not see that $783 part on that estimate
did they miss it?

i do not know exactly how that taillamp assembly attaches in there and seals up securely
but if that hardened steel lip is tweaked and bent as bad as it appears to be to me then the new taillamp will not ever fit kosher :confused: like it never even happened
On the gen3 those taillight housing assemblies have 2 bolts inside the bed to release the housing...after that, it just unplugs in seconds to remove it. There's a molded black plastic piece like shield thats fixed behind it to keep the road crud from getting in the taillight assembly when driven.

Buddies new frontier kicks ass to. I can stay with him with my truck for about 700 ft., then he pulls away.

found the rear body mounting bolts to be replaced in the event this box does have to be removed for proper repair

17$ each MSRP and need six
except another diagram notes 8 bolts?

1701620321847.png

1701620409199.png

Remember. It is an estimate. Always can be modified when hidden damage is discovered.

You might do well to have a discussion with your Agent. They can work on your behalf with the other driver's insurance.

Of course you can do this on your own, but you likely don't know all the ins/outs and levers that can be applied.

I left it up to jr, a body shop friend to deal with the insurance end of it after I was in a local accident.
I can tell you, some insurance companies will send one of their people to take photo's, and tell you if the vehicle will be totaled, or repairable. Age then plays a major factor. They do not care how good a shape the vehicle was in before the accident once it gets beyond 10 years old. They are likely to total it if estimated repairs exceed its wholesale value.

so what is the 'wholesale value' for a 2011 single reg cab Barcelona red 4wd automatic with under 80k miles
these are a rarebird and destined to be a collectors item, no?

Last edited:
And regarding agent...
Longtime 50+ year family agent retired recently
The Guy that took over his portfolio turns out to be a major faggutprick that has shown to not give a cotdamn shiitt

I need to go back to the body shop tomorrow that did the estimate and inquire exactly why?? Does the bed need pulled off the frame rto properly repair what again??
It was not clearly explained to me on Friday or I was unable to comprehend

Idk, you're asking the wrong guy. When it comes to wholesale, no one will give a rats butt how rare a vehicle is. Its judged mainly on what year it was manufactured, mileage, and cond.

13820$ is PPV per carFax

what would it take for it to be a total loss?

Carfax is usually the trade in value of what your vehicle is worth depending on mileage, and condition. Wholesale value can be less if at auction.

Last edited:
was now informed that the box does NOT need to be removed for proper repair

Back