Grill Guard

TacoJoe11

I am looking to get a grill guard or bull bar for my 2011 tacoma. I would like the extra added protection, functionality, and looks but I'm very indecisive on what style I'm looking for. I plan on blacking out my chrome emblems on my truck and my wheels as well so I would like to get something in a black powdercoat. Anybody have any grill/brush guard mods they have or would recommend for a 2nd gen tacoma?

Grill guards/brush guards/push bars/bull bars will actually cause more damage to the vehicle it is on during an accident. If you are looking for actual protection don't look at them.

I had an aries on mine (1st gen) and liked it, but had to take it off when i did my body lift. It seemed to do ok against light abuse ( pheasants, minor ice collision, tree branches) and i liked the look, but a lot pf people dont like them because they dont work for eviscerating deer and knocking down trees too well.

Thanks for the feedback! Now that I see what damage the brush guards can do to my truck, I am rethinking my decision of getting one. I even discovered what bull bars can do as well. I always thought they look sharp and added a toughness to the truck, and thats all they really do. In the end I would be better off not covering up the beautiful front end of my tacoma.

Totally up to you , dude. Nothing wrong with a stock front end. However, you can get beefier brush guards that can stand up to some abuse. Might wanna look into Rand Hand.

I have a Ares bull bar and I beat the **** out of it. I think it looks cool too. I can't justify spending 6-700 bucks on a bumper. The bull bar has saved my truck a few times in the woods. I painted my lower valance and going in the woods the small trees and branches were scratching up the lower so I put the bar down there and BAM!!! no more issues.

I really dislike the look of most of the brill gards (like the Westin)...but I have an Avid Offroad lightbar that I love. It offers some bumper and minimal grill protection.
Mine took a BIG hit with a huge boulder and it saved me a lot of money...rock solid. Like said earlier...most of those "Bull" bars just fold back into the grill and end up
doing all the damage.

https://avidoffroad.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showProductDetail?productId=3

I had a brush guard and KCs on my 1st gen and loved the look of it with the 1st gen. However, I do not like the way they look on the 05+s especially if you have the color matched grill, BHLM, etc. Just too much going on.

A couple pics of the Avid lightbar I mentioned above...including the hit it took. I've since fix it and you'd never know it happened.

It's a sweet thing!

picture.php

Beached and high-centered on a boulder.
picture.php

Bar saved me a lot of damage. Still mangled the tin-skid.
picture.php

Get a Bull Bar,all are great,or a push bar,brush bar,all are great and can save your life!!!Hit by drunk driver head on and push bar saved my life,not the truck,but saved me!!AND,It looks great,chrom,stainless,black or painted,your coice.All look great and add safety!!!Your choice,dont listen to IDIOTS!!Go with your taste and instinct!!!

I think they are kinda cool, but if you think they give you alot of protecting your wrong, I mean sure they help in really small bumps but other then that they are no good. I'm building a custom full metal bumper this year in my shop class, hopefully it will look something like arbs

Back