Have your Transmission fluid checked!!

I am supposed to pick up my new 2016 truck this afternoon, and I requested that they check the transmission fluid level because of this thread. It sounds like a crazy problem to have on a new truck but I worry where there's smoke… Anyway they resisted the idea and said they have "never" had a complaint about this, but I insisted so they are going to do it. We shall see; fingers crossed.

My Taco's tranny fluid was full. But I'm glad they checked.
1st Tacoma! Really pleased
b051937616865eefe643f988574dae56.jpg

Check for rear differential leaking. Their was signs of wearing on mine. Started leaking. It is currently in the service department for 3 weeks, waiting on back ordered parts.

I checked my fluid with the engine cold (90 degrees F) and it was full. I guess my hesitation from reverse to drive is not as reported on this forum.

The issue is definitely the trans fluid. Mine was also 2 quarts low. I was having issues with the shifting as well. I will keep you posted on how it feels when I get it back.

I've got the SR5 V6 2wd and have same vibration when slowing down, less than 20 mph....also doesn't always shift smooth....had it about 45 days and 2500 miles on it now.....hope Toyota fixes it....this is my first Toyota.....disappointed

Update on my corporate case that was elevated. Got the 8yr / 125k Platinum warranty free from them after several phone calls! Mine was almost 2qts low

Traded 2012 Tacoma SR5 4x4 on a 2016 TRD Off Road. After reading about the issues with low transmission fluid, I took mine back after 1 week and asked them to check the level. I mentioned the TSB and they did not argue for a second. Delivered the truck on Friday morning and was called that afternoon and was told that the temp was still too high to read the level accurately. They kept truck overnight. They called 11 am next day and said it was ~ 1 quart low and I could pick it up. Also had them check the zerks on drive shaft for grease and they said they did have grease. Some have mentioned that they were not greased from factory.

Had the dealership recalibrate my transmission and have not had any lag going from reverse to drive or the other way around.

Attachments

• 1469750709291.jpg
    1469750709291.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 63
Got mine back lastnight second time in for shifting issues. The stated two TSBs have come out regarding shifting and computer upgrades. The computer also needed to be flashed. Seems better

Had mine flashed two days ago and makes a great deal of difference in the highway with shifting to higher gears. Also 1 1/2 quarts low.

Got mine back lastnight second time in for shifting issues. The stated two TSBs have come out regarding shifting and computer upgrades. The computer also needed to be flashed. Seems better
Took mine in for similar issues, flashed based off the TSBs. Issues have almost entirely disappeared.

2016 TRD Off-Road DblCab Magnetic Grey Short Bed

Back