Hey Guys Quick Quesiton

I totally agree with you. I don't like the traction control in these trucks or the tpms sensors. I had an 05 6 speed I miss everyday. The traction control almost over brakes in the rain drives me nuts. But yeah that truck was probably trading in for a reason. I will keep looking. I would like a 2012-2015 6 speed but those are hard to find for a good price

That’s why I ended up with an auto in my Baja...could not find one with a 6 speed and I got one hell of a good price...dealer thought it was a TRD Off Road and I bought it in 15 with 13k on the ticker...$30k. Still had new car smell...lol

All of us in that era dumped the 351m/400 for the 385 series, 429 or 460s, all had the same bolt pattern and mounts and CARB accepted the smog to year of the motor back then. When they changed to year of the vehicle smog, most of us gave up. Nice to see someone that took crap and built it right.

All of us in that era dumped the 351m/400 for the 385 series, 429 or 460s, all had the same bolt pattern and mounts and CARB accepted the smog to year of the motor back then. When they changed to year of the vehicle smog, most of us gave up. Nice to see someone that took crap and built it right.

I’ve always loved the 429’s. 460 was whatever, like you said everybody and their uncle was cramming a 460 in whatever they could. The 3.59 stroke in the 429 is what caught my attention early on. I never understood when I heard people say, “Can’t get the rpm’s out of a big block that you can get out of a small block,...”
“Eh,... maybe you can’t,...”
Haha!

The 429 to me was far superior of the 385 series. Shorter stoke, and with a good set of rods you could get serious RPM out of them...even stock they were good for 6k easy, unheard of in a big block at the time. I stuffed one in my 73 Bronco, custom headers from Hedman, rear tubes split to clear the starter...still the best build I had ever done. The guy that owns it now still drives it...

Back