How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Yep, the only guy I know that still work in that kind of heat is in Hall County, Nebraska. And he drives a 97 Taco...:p
Gee I wonder who that is.....hmmm..... I carry a 1 gallon stainless steel water jug that literally keeps my water ice cold all day long, it still has a lot of ice in it at the end of the day when I empty it out! I also have a vest that my supervisor gave all of us that you're supposed to dip into cold water and get it good and wet, it helps! Then when the vest dries out it's really stiff like cardboard! I also have a neck fan from Amazon that helps some, I put it on the charger everyday when I get home!

Heat,and humidity got be crazy out there. Heck, its been in the 50's every morning, and in the mid 70's by noon here all week....with plenty of rain in-between. Beautiful morning... sunny, and about 60 degrees. Getting to feel more like fall is coming fast.

Yikes! How do you guys tolerate heat like that? It's bad enough here to put up with it for a few days every once, and awhile during the summer months. It's been such a great day so far grilling lunch outdoors....perfect weather.
Yeah and I work in a hot unairconditioned warehouse at UPS unloading tractor trailers, which is even worse than being outside imo because there's absolutely no breeze unless you're in front one of those overhead fans that they have above all doors at the dock where all the trailers are loaded and uploaded! I carry a 1 gallon stainless steel water jug that keeps my water ice cold all day long! I also have a neck fan from Amazon that I wear around my neck that helps, I put it on the charger everyday as soon as I get home! I also have a vest that our supervisor gave all of us that you dip into cold water and wear over your shirt that helps, when it dries out it gets really stiff like cardboard! I drink lots of water every evening to keep myself hydrated, plus quite a bit of Gatorade! It's one of those things I just have to deal with the best I can!

Didn't know ups still operated sweat shops. We have an ups warehouse not to far where a friend of mine worked 2nd shift for a few years, but never mentioned it that bad when summertime.
As far as gator-aid, and other energy drinks, I've done plenty racing bikes in 3 hr cross country races all over the east coast during some very hot days. You carry a water bottle zip tied to the back of your ventilated plastic vest with a tube you can suck on while racing on the bike. I've gone through a 1/2 gal. of gator-aid, and water mix at times before it's all over.

Last edited:
Didn't know ups still operated sweat shops. We have an ups warehouse not to far where a friend of mine worked 2nd shift for a few years, but never mentioned it that bad when summertime.
As far as gator-aid, and other energy drinks, I done plenty racing bikes in 3 hr cross country races all over the east coast during some very hot days. You carry a water bottle zip tied to the back of your ventilated plastic vest with a tube you can suck on while racing on the bike. I've gone through a 1/2 gal. of gator-aid, and water mix at times before it's all over.
Well from what I've been told by a few of the older guys who've been there since back in the late '70s and early '80s that particular sweat shop was built back in '84, too expensive to aircondition it now although the offices in there are air-conditioned! Gatorade is good for replenishing electrolytes!

Last edited:
Okay so I went to the Boost Mobile store close to me here in Balch Springs earlier this evening to pay my cell phone bill, when I pulled in I saw this beautiful black 3rd gen double cab TRD 4X4! I decided to stop and get a couple quick pics of it before I went inside!

Attachments

• 20230826_194717.jpg
    20230826_194717.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230826_194733.jpg
    20230826_194733.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Okay so I went to the Boost Mobile store close to me here in Balch Springs earlier this evening to pay my cell phone bill, when I pulled in I saw this beautiful black 3rd gen double cab TRD 4X4! I decided to stop and get a couple quick pics of it before I went inside!
What a beautiful Taco.

Back