How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Really?? I never knew they had a problem with chrome! Oh well......not surprising! Must be a bunch of snowflake millenials or gen Zers or something!
They have a major issue with chrome. You bring up you like chrome, and they come out of the woodwork to pile on how terrible it is, that you much be an old fart living in the past. My gen3 has some chrome...well fake chrome.

They have a major issue with chrome. You bring up you like chrome, and they come out of the woodwork to pile on how terrible it is, that you much be an old fart living in the past. My gen3 has some chrome...well fake chrome.
Well I'm a gen Xer at 47 yrs. old and I've always liked the classic look of chrome! I even much prefer chrome rims over black! Black rims make me think of back prior to the '90s or early 2000s when if you saw cars driving around with black steel rims it was because somebody stole their hubcaps! I always jokingly say it looks like somebody done stole their hubcaps! Lmao! But that's just me I guess, I know there's people on here with black rims too so I don't mean to offend anyone!

Hey TexasBigBlue I just ordered those "Texas Edition" badges from Amazon! I purchased 2 of them for $13.95 each plus I also ordered a different "Texas Edition" badge that I think goes on the lower left corner of the tailgate, it has the State Of Texas in red, white and blue with "TEXAS EDITION" written beside it for $15.95! They're all stick on. I saw one that looks like it has threaded studs on the back of it, apparently it screws on so I didn't order that one just the stick on ones! Maybe you could go ahead and order them and then when you get your new Taco you can just stick them bad boys on there!

Will post pics as soon as they all get here! I'll have the only base model 1st gen Tacoma Texas Edition around! Lol!

Hey TexasBigBlue I just ordered those "Texas Edition" badges from Amazon! I purchased 2 of them for $13.95 each plus I also ordered a different "Texas Edition" badge that I think goes on the lower left corner of the tailgate, it has the State Of Texas in red, white and blue with "TEXAS EDITION" written beside it for $15.95! They're all stick on. I saw one that looks like it has threaded studs on the back of it, apparently it screws on so I didn't order that one just the stick on ones! Maybe you could go ahead and order them and then when you get your new Taco you can just stick them bad boys on there!

Will post pics as soon as they all get here! I'll have the only base model 1st gen Tacoma Texas Edition around! Lol!
Yeah man post some pictures when you can and I agree with you 100% for the stick-ons. I am not drilling any holes into my Taco.

I have not seen tacomans gen1 up close in person or many pics
But I reckon it's a much better truck!
Unless there's no rear slider window
Hey Jay you said you haven't seen many pics of my gen 1, I've already posted these a couple times but I have no problem at all reposting them for you. See what I mean by all the stickers on the back glass?? Lol!

Attachments

• 20211202_083135.jpg
    20211202_083135.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 5
  • 20211202_083157.jpg
    20211202_083157.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20211202_155411.jpg
    20211202_155411.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20221020_180209.jpg
    20221020_180209.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
But when you get this Taco all the girls will be chasing you down begging you to take em for a spin. :D

View attachment 40021 View attachment 40022 View attachment 40023
Wouldn't mind taking any chicks for a ride for sure!

Kinda sucks that the 4th gen doesn't have a V6! I think I read that they're supposed to come out with a twin turbo 4 cylinder or something next spring?? Don't know if I'm right on that, but it seems like I read something like that on the internet! Just don't like truck payments! Would be nice to have a double cab with an MT! Might consider a used one if it's in decent shape like a 2nd gen or 3rd gen! Who knows??

Oh and I also wanna add that my Taco only has a little over 153,000 miles on it so it still has a hell of a lot of miles left on it!

Wouldn't mind taking any chicks for a ride for sure!

Kinda sucks that the 4th gen doesn't have a V6! I think I read that they're supposed to come out with a twin turbo 4 cylinder or something next spring?? Don't know if I'm right on that, but it seems like I read something like that on the internet! Just don't like truck payments! Would be nice to have a double cab with an MT! Might consider a used one if it's in decent shape like a 2nd gen or 3rd gen! Who knows??

Oh and I also wanna add that my Taco only has a little over 153,000 miles on it so it still has a hell of a lot of miles left on it!
Gen1 or go home lol

I foresee the gen3 used market in the future to be mighty bloated and overstocked meaning cheaper prices
By then the nicer gen1s will be costing more than the not-so-nice gen3 lol

There's a rather nice vintage gen1 currently for sale in Denver for only $29k

Gen1 or go home lol

I foresee the gen3 used market in the future to be mighty bloated and overstocked meaning cheaper prices

Holy cow that's a lot of dang money for a gen1 Taco.

Gen1 or go home lol

Yeah I agree on the gen 1! They're very popular trucks! The 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and now the 4th gen are bigger trucks, but I like the old school look of the 1st gen!

Actually it's 3 shy of $30k o_O
Holy cow that is one clean 1st gen! So when did they stop having Toyota written in big bold letters across the tailgate?? Mine has the Toyota badge in the upper left corner of the tailgate and the Tacoma badge in the upper right corner of the tailgate.

Back