How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Yep. I stand corrected again Jay. That's twice you got me today. Lol

"When did Nebraska stop vehicle inspections?
Nebraska discovered that the number of crashes caused by vehicle defects actually declined after its mandatory inspection program was ended in 1982."
Over 40 years, wow!

What all do they inspect?
There is no such inspection where I am at
Safety and emissions! There's been talk of getting rid of state inspection here in Texas but unfortunately it's never gained much traction! We damn sure don't need emissions testing anymore because the emissions components are far more superior than they used to be, even more accurate than equipment they test it with from what I understand! We used to have 2 stickers on the windshield, a state inspection sticker and a registration sticker! They did away with the inspection sticker and went to just the registration sticker. You have to get your inspection done within 90 days before you get your registration sticker and you have to keep your paperwork showing it passed inspection in your glove box until you you get your registration sticker then you have to provide the paperwork showing it passed inspection along with proof of insurance to get your registration sticker!

I will also add that according to state law here in Texas vehicles between 2 - 24 years old are required to have the emissions test, once it turns 25 years old it's no longer required to have the emissions tested at that point it's a safety only test! Little Taco is now 22 years old so in another 3 years the ol' boy will no longer have to undergo the emissions test, just a safety only!

I will also add that according to state law here in Texas vehicles between 2 - 24 years old are required to have the emissions test, once it turns 25 years old it's no longer required to have the emissions tested at that point it's a safety only test! Little Taco is now 22 years old so in another 3 years the ol' boy will no longer have to undergo the emissions test, just a safety only!
Did not know that TacoMan. That's good to know.

my antique taco is 27 years old this year
so does that mean i would not have to get it emissions inspected crossing the Texas border?

Did not know that TacoMan. That's good to know.
Yeah I used to do state inspection for an a$$hole I used to work for! It's always been that way as far as I know, at least since the '90s anyway! When I started doing it we had the calgas analyzer where we had to stick the probe in the tailpipe and connect the tach lead usually to the coil wire or coil pack, there was another tach lead that we had to use on a distributorless ignition system! Then we had to rev the engine to around 2,000 rpm and hold it there for I think 90 seconds, then it went into the idle test!

Then they went to the new emissions program called Air Check Texas! With the Air Check Texas program all obd 1 (obd 1 is the 1st generation on board diagnostic computer that was for '95 and older vehicles) had to go on a dyno for the emissions test! The dyno was a $40,000 piece of equipment at the time, which my boss definitely couldn't afford! The obd 2 (obd 2 is 2nd generation on board diagnostic vehicles that are '96 and newer) vehicles have to have a scanner for the emissions test, if your check engine light is on it's an automatic failure! Since the state doesn't emissions test vehicles that are 25+ years old that means that obd 1 vehicles are no longer being tested therefore making the damn dyno nothing more than a $40,000 paper weight now!

IMHO the state of Texas should completely eliminate state inspection, especially the emissions portion of it! Statistics show that very few vehicles actually fail the emissions test now, that was even the case 20 years ago when I did state inspection and it's even more so now with the obd 2 vehicles! Then you couple the fact that very few vehicles fail with the fact that the state doesn't emissions test vehicles that are 25+ years old then there's absolutely no point in doing it anymore! It's all about revenue for the state is all it is, air pollution has absolutely nothing to do with it!

Dang TacoMan, what the heck happened ? I'm in Biloxi.
Not sure but apparently it was a natural gas leak! There's a lot of reports about smelling natural gas! Haven't heard anything about any fatalities, hopefully there ain't any! It's the hotel across the street from the Fort Worth Star Telegram! I think they said 2 seriously injured and 1 critical injury and several minor injuries with 11 casualties total so far! You know Brandon is in Dallas today for the memorial for Eddie Bernice Johnson!

Now the latest count I heard was 21 casualties!

By casualties I mean injuries, I haven't heard about any fatalities. Hopefully there ain't any!

Last edited:
So today at the Oceans Springs Hospital where my mom has been staying, I rolled up on this gen 1 2wd Taco. Minus the oxidation on the paint job, this Taco is in great shape. And it's manuel transmission ! Solid nice daily driver. :)

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
  • image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
  • image2 copy.jpeg
    image2 copy.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
So today at the Oceans Springs Hospital where my mom has been staying, I rolled up on this gen 1 2wd Taco. Minus the oxidation on the paint job, this Taco is in great shape. And it's manuel transmission ! Solid nice daily driver. :)
luv that manuel transmission!
so sweet it is

when is your mother getting released?

Back