How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

I go by my lifelong experience with owning, and selling vehicles here. Sure if you are willing to wait....who knows how long, or if for that crazy number. I usually prefer to sell a vehicle at a fair value that makes both parties happy, then invest the money where it can work for me right away. rather than sitting on an old vehicle wondering when its going to sell.

I go by my lifelong experience with owning, and selling vehicles here. Sure if you are willing to wait....who knows how long, or if for that crazy number. I usually prefer to sell a vehicle at a fair value that makes both parties happy, then invest the money where it can work for me right away. rather than sitting on an old vehicle wondering when its going to sell.
Oh I wholeheartedly agree! It's just that when I buy a vehicle I prefer to let somebody else take the ass kicking on it! Prime example my aunt and uncle bought a brand new 2017 Camry for I think my uncle said it was around $35,000! In I think 2019 my mom bought a 2016 Camry with about 30,000 on the odometer for I believe about $12,000! So in my humble opinion she played it smart, because she got her's for about half or less the price than they gave! It was a low mileage used vehicle, the previous owner is the one who got their ass kicked on the price!

Oh I wholeheartedly agree! It's just that when I buy a vehicle I prefer to let somebody else take the ass kicking on it! Prime example my aunt and uncle bought a brand new 2017 Camry for I think my uncle said it was around $35,000! In I think 2019 my mom bought a 2016 Camry with about 30,000 on the odometer for I believe about $12,000! So in my humble opinion she played it smart, because she got her's for about half or less the price than they gave! It was a low mileage used vehicle, the previous owner is the one who got their ass kicked on the price!
Thats great, long as one knows the history of the vehicle, or seller. Hopefully you don't get stuck with someone else's problems when buying used. I've known some, including myself that has had it with used vehicles, even after having them inspected before buying. There's just too many chance's in todays vehicle to have serious gremlins show up later that aren't seen if you buy used, even sometimes a warranty isn't enough.

Thats great, long as one knows the history of the vehicle, or seller. Hopefully you don't get stuck with someone else's problems when buying used. I've known some, including myself that has had it with used vehicles, even after having them inspected before buying. There's just too many chance's in todays vehicle to have serious gremlins show up later that aren't seen if you buy used, even sometimes a warranty isn't enough.
Great point! I always have any used vehicles I buy inspected thoroughly by a mechanic I know and trust! If they're not willing to let me have my mechanic inspect it then I won't buy it, period!

Speak of the devil... New contract, a little more in depth than how it was described. I decided to take today off. Then back to the grindstone. If anyone is wondering what kind of contracting I do, it is custom software, mostly taking legacy software and data and modernizing it. I take custom legacy software written in COBOL (mostly written in the 70s, 80s and 90s), write new software in a modern language while retaining the look and feel of their current software, reformat the data to a modern standard, and make everything run smoothly.

This current contract used some really off the wall, non-standard COBOL...

Attachments

• IMG_5494.PNG
    IMG_5494.PNG
    256.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 85ev2n.jpg
    85ev2n.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
Well it's been forever and a day but I spotted a SuperWhite gen1 today and it was nice to see it in a Walmart parking lot today here in Missouri. She's got some battle damage and a few scars but it's still a daily driver. Back in town to see my grandchild and had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

Attachments

• image0-3.jpeg
    image0-3.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
Well it's been forever and a day but I spotted a SuperWhite gen1 today and it was nice to see it in a Walmart parking lot today here in Missouri. She's got some battle damage and a few scars but it's still a daily driver. Back in town to see my grandchild and had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
Nice looking little 1st gen TexasBigBlue! I noticed you took BigBlue on this trip! Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your grand baby man!

It was gen3 tacoma day yesterday when doing an errand to my shop. I must of seen at least a dozen gen3's, mostly newer ones on the road, and in town. I love how mine runs...you just touch the go pedal and the the truck glides down the road effortlessly. There's a reason why toyota has sold a ton of these's, more than any previous gen's.

As far as I recall from researching a time ago the two years That sold the least were 1997 and 2009 (or perhaps 2008)
1995 was only half a year of sales so it was discarded

Last edited:
As far as I recall from researching a time ago the two years That sold the least were 1997 and 2009 (or perhaps 2008)
1995 was only half a year of sales so it was discarded
I see a lot of 3rd gens around here! I do still see quite a few 1st gens around too, saw one this morning on the way to work, I was driving and couldn't get a pic of it! It was an extra cab 4x4 about the same color as mine! I think people like the 1st gens so much that if you actually see one for sale it's gonna cost you some major $$$$! I'm old school myself and like the look of the 1st gen the best!

1st gens aren't very popular here, as most that are still on the road are in poor shape. The ones I've seen at used car dealers for sale usually are in the $5-7k range, but not in the greatest condition, being sold as is.

Back