How were you able to buy a Tacoma

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by 858_tacoma_guy, Jun 9, 2017.

1. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend putting any money down on a lease, unless you can put 50% down. If you only put 2k-4k down and you have 300-400$ a month payments, it's a losing strategy. Put 0 down and deal with the 600-650$ a month payment.(600×12=7200/ 7200×3=21600) ($400×12=4800/ 4800×3=14400) you dont want 20000$ left over when you can have 12000$. Its all a numbers game depending if your going to turn it in or keep it. I would say put the money down if you know if your just going to turn it in. Put no money down on a lease if you plan on refinancing it for 3-4 years after the lease is up.

texasred and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

Hustlin at the local gentleman's club

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

:confused:

texasred, B-Man and Tacomania like this.
  5. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

Great deal!

B-Man likes this.
  6. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

Seriously, now that I have had my fun. I was going to write that I sold my ex-wife into white slavery to pay for the truck, but thought it was a bit extreme.

I pulled into the Toyota dealers lot while driving my 06 GMC and the left front wheel bearing went crunch. That means $400 for bearings, $30 for new bolts to hold the assemblies in and a chittload of aggrevation changing them. Truck tires were at 25%, still good until spring of 2019, brakes were coming along around 8/19. Shocks were OE and had to be changed by the end of 2019.

The salesman gave me a good trade in on my truck, and price on my Tacoma, and I saved a bunch of unpopular work on the GMC. I sure miss the get up and go of the 5.3 HO engine tho. I pay for my truck with my retirement checks.

7. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

If you're getting blood, use more lube.

TucsonSteve and texasred like this.
  8. Spiff215

Spiff215 Active Member

Toyota is a sponsor for the OTOA Ohio Tactical Officer Association. The OTOA @ request issues a certificate to members (once a year) to purchase select Toyota's at invoice pricing plus any discounts offered at the time of purchase. Also traded in our 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

B-Man and texasred like this.
  9. PMTacoma

PMTacoma New Member

Divorce proceeds. Was going to order the new Ranger but a used ‘14 TRD Sport became available and I went with it instead.

kp.taco and B-Man like this.
  10. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

You made a wise choice over the ranger!

2018TuRD and Jack Straw like this.
  11. oconnor

oconnor Active Member

Sold a Dodge truck I inherited and put that on top of my GTI trade and got a new '18 Sport free and clear.

B-Man likes this.
  12. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

Nice! Good choice!

B-Man likes this.
  13. Jmegabite

Jmegabite Member

$-CASH-$

Gregory likes this.
  14. Default User

Default User Active Member

Bought my 2012 off-lease Toyota certified in 2015. Saved a ton!

15. DeathMouse

DeathMouse Member

I traded in my 2013 Scion TC as down payment for my 2019 sr5 double cab. The TC served me well, but it's come time where I need a truck more than a compact car.

Bogunn and Lil G like this.
  16. warakesTaco

warakesTaco Well-Known Member

Had a 2nd generation 2006 sr5 4 door Tacoma paid off. Had a 2.5” level kit with rims and tires. Tires were worn out and had 92K miles on it. Was looking on Kelley blue book trade in value and showed 8K-12K. So went shopping with 10K in mind and actually ended up getting 12.5K for it lol Got my 3rd gen trd sport used with level kit, Method wheels and new A/T tires 17K miles for 31K. I’m in love

Gregory, Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  17. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

@Crawdad bought mine for me. He’s my sugar daddy.

Gregory, OR17TRD, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  18. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Dammit! You said you were going to keep our secret bromance a secret!!!

Gregory, OR17TRD, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha. Sorry. It slipped out.
    At least no one knows about you and @kp.taco going to the brony convention.

20. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

@kp.taco bullied me into going the first time but then I had the most amazing Koolaid ever and now I can't stop going... I'm tellin ya man, you can't deny us forever!!!

OR17TRD, B-Man and Bogunn like this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Hahaha

B-Man likes this.