How were you able to buy a Tacoma

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by 858_tacoma_guy, Jun 9, 2017.

1. 858_tacoma_guy

858_tacoma_guy Well-Known Member

I'm just really bored wanting to start a new thread lol, but just curious Tacoma's are not cheap what so ever, what do you guys do for a living which helped you gain a taco. I personally just bought mine off Craigslist from some guy going through a divorce, I work at a bank while in school, obviously I'm poor xD

Don't answer this question if it's too personal, I'm just trying to start a thread for the hell of it lol

OR17TRD likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Saved money and traded in my Ranger. My payments were $430 a month for a my new 2010

858_tacoma_guy likes this.
  4. OP
    858_tacoma_guy

Overall would you say your Tacoma was better in the dirt versus your ranger, my buddy thinks his ranger has more balls than my Tacoma lol

5. whippersnapper02

Same thing offroad. The Tacoma is better only because I have the TRD model with a locker and ATRAC. The Ranger had open front and LSD rear.

As far as power goes, the 4.0 SOHC only had 210 horsepower. My friend's 07 Tacoma 4.0 was just a tad faster.

6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I sold my Christmas.

7. bhturner63

bhturner63 Active Member

Im an architectural designer. I traded in my 2001 Ford Ranger XLT that I had for 14 years for a 2015 Tacoma TRD. I absolutely love it

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Taco Forum

8. OP
    858_tacoma_guy

Basically almost equals...

9. Eville Dad

Eville Dad Member

Traded my 04 Prerunner for 2015 double 4x4 leased it as a certified vehicle, used trade as down payment, leasing a certified keeps payments down just make sure your residual is acceptable and buy it outright when the time comes or give it back at the end of the lease. Not for everyone, but since you asked, that's how I kept my payments manageable

10. lovemytaco35

lovemytaco35 Active Member

I traded my 2012 Chevy Silverado on my 2015 Tacoma. Had pretty good equity on the Chevy, so that helped bring down the overall finance number. Opted for the 4 yr term just to pay it off sooner. I make a good living working in television.

11. Lacho

Lacho Active Member

I'm a letter carrier for USPS(yea I'm a f__cking mailman) lol but I got converted to a career employee at the PO and I decided to trade in my single cab 1500 chevy Silverado for a '14 4door 4x4 Tacoma... best investment ever!! After a year, man I'm glad I made the upgrade, I couldn't ask for a better truck!

Splash, Series6 and 858_tacoma_guy like this.
  12. OP
    858_tacoma_guy

Hey man not everyone needs a fancy career, as long as your job pays the bills everything else doesn't matter. In the end as long as your happy that's all that matters, fuck what da haters think!

13. Mtbdude

Mtbdude Member

I had a 2008 Wrangler paid off then traded for a 10 4 door trd or. Loved that truck! Had a ton of equity (almost paid off) so I traded for my 16 4 door trd or. Love the new truck even more!
    I'm a regular guy but I like to pay off my vehicles quickly. I plan on keepin my 16 for a long time.

Nate9872 likes this.
  14. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Im a beekeeper and sell honey direct to the public.

longshore and elwood43 like this.
  15. freighter72

freighter72 Member

I am a technician at Disneyland in California. Lots of O.T. With the upgrades and maintenance on the attractions. Basically all of our wonderful guests and Mickey Mouse paid for my Taco. So if you have visited the Disneyland resort........ Thank You.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  16. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Im just ur local culligan man.

17. whippersnapper02

Passhole here...you're welcome. o_O

18. OP
    858_tacoma_guy

You're very welcome, I'm happy I paid for your overpriced admission tickets

19. WEX

WEX Well-Known Member

My wife and I put ourselves on a 5 year plan. Paid off all debt, saved $20k and put it all down on the taco. I work for Walmart at a distribution center. They start at $40k/yr. great place to work. Wife works for the government. Can't tell you about that, I'd have to kill you.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno

20. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I would have invested the $20,000. Got a loan for 2.49% or less and made money on my 20k the Feds raised the interest rate.

21. WEX

WEX Well-Known Member

And you'd be tacomaless. Or you'd be paying $600-$800/mo on a $40k truck with zero down.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno