How would you redesign the next Tacoma?

Just leave it be. You will never get the sound YOU'RE looking for with this truck...I think we've been over this before in another thread. You don't like the flowmaster?

I THINK Gwinnett county Georgia does... some counties don't have emissions here (lucky ones). my uncle mentioned something about you had to have a muffler
If you want something loud, look into hush puppy mufflers. Not sure if they're still made, but they're half the size of your average muffler. Throw those on there and then put a HUGE exhaust tip on it. I'm confident I wouldn't like the sound, but it seems like a viable option for what you're trying to achieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum

If you want something loud, look into hush puppy mufflers. Not sure if they're still made, but they're half the size of your average muffler. Throw those on there and then put a HUGE exhaust tip on it. I'm confident I wouldn't like the sound, but it seems like a viable option for what you're trying to achieve.

My flowmaster is small... There's no way to make the muffler sound while cruising? That'd be fine for me.

My flowmaster is small... There's no way to make the muffler sound while cruising? That'd be fine for me.
The muffler doesn't make the sound...it "muffles" the sound. The smaller the muffler, the louder your exhaust will be. The flowmaster 10 series is the smallest you can go.

Are you thinking of Flowmaster Hushpower mufflers? Those are designed like a glasspack I do believe, so that would be similar to a thrush or a cherry bomb.

Are you thinking of Flowmaster Hushpower mufflers? Those are designed like a glasspack I do believe, so that would be similar to a thrush or a cherry bomb.
Ummmm, it was years ago when they were installed on my El Camino (which I no longer have). The gentleman referred to them as "hush puppies" for the brand. I even asked about flowmaster or magnaflow but they weren't in my price range. The tips he put on were magnaflow, I'm pretty sure that was the only name brand item installed on my exhaust, but he very well couldve meant the flowmaster hushpower, I really don't know. I was 16 at the time and didnt pay too much attention, just wanted the sound, and its what he offered.

Back