Just Goes to show

Realize where it broke it snapped and slid off and landed on edge of control arm . It's kinda wedged there by the grace of God .
Time constraints to fix are causing me to get Monro at local auto parts . Other option for sure will be a Rock auto purchase for passenger strut for $94
At the bottom of list - Rock has RANCHORS999915 just from the look appears stronger
I am paying $166 at Napa for a Monro
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...on,strut+/+coil+spring+/+mount+assembly,15174

My mind set is caught in the days of 15 years ago when the concept of a Strut job was $600 bucks as now I see the fix is low in cost
for preventive maintenance it's worth the fix

I put one new Monro complete strut with spring . Lucky I Have a friend who has a shop $170 purchase $50 install
Next strut will be from Rock auto , as long as shipping keeps it well below $170
Truck feels great & eventually i'll replace other side but for now I can't really feel a difference I am concerned the other could snap
as those might be original struts .
We are expecting 20 below zero so it's time to just ride of the storm . Side note mobile 0w30 is the best oil I ever had

Interesting story of a man with a Volvo approaching Three million miles - - The owner will change parts once they hit MEGA miles
( he does not wait for parts to bust )
Last night I went to Advance auto & picked up strut with spring out the door tax for $170 kinda desperate on the spot need & a good price all in all.
Rock auto price I just check would of been an out the door price with shipping of $163 FOR TWO $81 each .
Since I really like my Tacoma it's a consideration to except I have 235,000 miles and I need to do preventive maintenance & not wait for parts to go BANG . With Rock auto the savings is like half .
Any recommendations any one can give on more or less parts that go boom that I can casually fix .
I am not going to change a Transmission just for the heck
The YouTube Video is not the more detailed version of all he did - But I once saw it
based on another concept comparing long human life based on what this man did
Replacing parts & one day they say humans will be able to replace parts off the medical shelf
& live longer - so video below is a short version

Last edited:
Meh, seems like a good time to get some 5100s... lifetime warranty, lift capability, and well.....mods
Either something else up front is going to crap on my rig OR those 5100s are jank as can be

Once I get off I'll see if I can figure a manufacture on Strut assembly if it's the original from truck I could call Toyota
Realize where it broke it snapped and slid off and landed on edge of control arm . It's kinda wedged there by the grace of God .
Time constraints to fix are causing me to get Monro at local auto parts . Other side will be a Rock auto purchase for passenger side for $94 I'll do broken side first
At the bottom of list - Rock has RANCHORS999915 just from the look appears stronger
I am paying $166 at Napa for a Monro
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...on,strut+/+coil+spring+/+mount+assembly,15174

My mind set is caught in the days of 15 years ago when the concept of a Strut job was $600 bucks as now I see the fix is low in cost
for preventive maintenance it's worth the fix
Coilover replacement at Firestone is nearly 900$ now
That's rich :eek:
And only 1-year warranty on 'em

Back