Leaf spring recall?

I say it took 5 hrs cuz i dropped it off before work and took a loaner and then picked it up while i had a little break. I dont have time to sit and wait @ the dealer. The frame recall on the other hand...dnt get me started. In NY we put down A LOT of salt and understandably it eats away all the components of a vehicle unless properly maintained throughout the season. That being said my frame was in pretty good shape and the dealer said they would spray the protective coating. They did and did a piss poor job. There was overspray all over the paint and while doing some routine maintenance i noticed that by simply touching the frame the "protective coating" comes right off. Possibly due to the fact that they sprayed all this **** over a layer of fresh road salt on the frame from the blizzard the night before. I had thought theyd have enough sense to rinse it off but they didnt and seeing as how i plow for a municipality i obviously didnt have time to clean it off before my appt. but enough on that lol

I say it took 5 hrs cuz i dropped it off before work and took a loaner and then picked it up while i had a little break. I dont have time to sit and wait @ the dealer. The frame recall on the other hand...dnt get me started. In NY we put down A LOT of salt and understandably it eats away all the components of a vehicle unless properly maintained throughout the season. That being said my frame was in pretty good shape and the dealer said they would spray the protective coating. They did and did a piss poor job. There was overspray all over the paint and while doing some routine maintenance i noticed that by simply touching the frame the "protective coating" comes right off. Possibly due to the fact that they sprayed all this **** over a layer of fresh road salt on the frame from the blizzard the night before. I had thought theyd have enough sense to rinse it off but they didnt and seeing as how i plow for a municipality i obviously didnt have time to clean it off before my appt. but enough on that lol
My dealer had to keep my truck overnight. Apparently one of the bushing was worn out. Hell at least when I put my lift kit in I'll have fresh new leaf springs on there i guess

Well heres my story. 08 Taco with 6" lift. Put the new springs on it from the dealership. Got back the truck and noticed the back rns was sagging. It sagged 2 1/2" with the new leaf springs. Not a happy camper. The dealership didnt know what to do and told me to lower the front of the truck to make it level. I have now ordered new leaf springs and will be put on the truck tomorrow. Still haven't heard back from the dealership with "there" fix. I love my truck just over the rust issues.

Well today i had someone install the skyjacker leaf springs and of coarse the truck is back to normal. Looked at the old springs and the newly replaced springs from the recall and found out why the truck was sagging. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464898641.020960.jpg

Well today i had someone install the skyjacker leaf springs and of coarse the truck is back to normal. Looked at the old springs and the newly replaced springs from the recall and found out why the truck was sagging. View attachment 9144
So the new leaf springs weren't the problem? Awesome. Becuase I'm going to be putting a lift with those new springs pretty soon.

What were your problems with the leaf springs ? I have a 2015 and the passenger side leaf spring was squeaking bad. I sprayed some oil on the tab that holds the leaf pack from shifting side to side. It's stopped making noise for now but it will eventually come back. The one tab sets right up against the side of the leaf spring and the plastic is cover on the tab is rubbing my leaf pack and causing the noise.

What were your problems with the leaf springs ? I have a 2015 and the passenger side leaf spring was squeaking bad. I sprayed some oil on the tab that holds the leaf pack from shifting side to side. It's stopped making noise for now but it will eventually come back. The one tab sets right up against the side of the leaf spring and the plastic is cover on the tab is rubbing my leaf pack and causing the noise.

That is one of the reasons for the recall. The main reason is because the springs could break and shift, possibly puncturing the gas tank and causing a fire if a spark is present.

Is anyone on here from Dallas tx ? If so have you had your leaf springs done?? I was told I'd get a letter in the post when to take it in to be checked.

You should receive a letter (tsb) soon. I got mine April/May and live in NE Pennsylvania. PinkTaco is correct... contact your dealer.

Thanks PinkTaco and BigMau. I contacted the dealer and they have ordered the parts for my taco. When they are in they will contact me to take my truck in.

Glad I could help. Make sure your springs have only two retaining clips (each leaf spring). My 2009 already had the correct springs (three clips on each leaf spring)??? The dealer that I purchased my truck from could not figure this out???? I am now going to another Toyota dealer in my area for all of my warranty work.

I'm doing as much work on my own truck as possible. Just replaced the AC compressor and recharged the AC system.

In Sacramento area, dealers have the springs in stock but don't have the install kits; shackles bushings bolts etc.

Just had my driver side replaced. Loaded my harley in trailer and hooked up and massive squat on drivers side. Luckily spring shop near by had springs and got me right in. Sux it cost me $557 but I needed it done now.

Just had my driver side replaced. Loaded my harley in trailer and hooked up and massive squat on drivers side. Luckily spring shop near by had springs and got me right in. Sux it cost me $557 but I needed it done now.
How much she weigh?

?? Single bike trailer and a 800lb Harley. By no means to much. Pulled perfect after replacing that spring.
I wasnt questioning ur decision to tow, just getting an idea how weak things were. Thats pretty damn weak lol.

I was pissed when i bottomed out on a speed bump with 500lbs of sand in the back years ago.

Back