Little update

That's a good question. I guess Toyota is making a big deal now about proper usage and install of floor mats. In fact, I think in the stack of manuals that came with my Taco, there is a small one specifically for the floor mats alone. (I'll check next time I'm near the glove box).

Yeah , I guess a Lexus exiting a freeway at about 130mph with a stuck accelerator will do that...

Didn’t that guy have aftermarket mats piled on top of the OEM mats?
I think so. Which is why there are huge warning stickers on the factory floor mats on the 18 Tacos that say not to put any other floor mats on top of the factory ones.

Its even imprinted in each floor mat itself.

I want those in my 2017 :mad:
I think they are just anchored to the carpet. Could probably get the P/N for them from Toyota and install them yourself. My guess is that there is a top and bottom half that clip together. Pull the carpet up enough to get your hand under there from the door side, cut a hole for it to pope through, and Bob's your aunte.

I think they are just anchored to the carpet. Could probably get the P/N for them from Toyota and install them yourself. My guess is that there is a top and bottom half that clip together. Pull the carpet up enough to get your hand under there from the door side, cut a hole for it to pope through, and Bob's your aunte.
I’ll be looking into this for sure.

Didn’t that guy have aftermarket mats piled on top of the OEM mats?

I don't think so, the car was a rental & unbelievably the driver was a CHP
!
(Calif. Highway Patrol) & this idiot (God rest his soul) spent the last minute of his & his passengers lives talking to a 911 operator (like what the hell could they do for him)..

I would've had no problem turning off the freeway & into the ice plant covered embankment, even at 100mph +

It'd been scary but survivable ...

I don't think so, the car was a rental & unbelievably the driver was a CHP
!
(Calif. Highway Patrol) & this idiot (God rest his soul) spent the last minute of his & his passengers lives talking to a 911 operator (like what the hell could they do for him)..

I would've had no problem turning off the freeway & into the ice plant covered embankment, even at 100mph +

It'd been scary but survivable ...

That was a mess. Hate that family passed away in the wreck. That turned Toyota on its head for a while.
A lot of really bad PR.

Reactions: 4wd
That was a mess. Hate that family passed away in the wreck. That turned Toyota on its head for a while.
A lot of really bad PR.

Oh yeah it did, plus a couple "copy cat" claims about stuck pedals as well...

Yeah, IIRC the other claims were proven unfounded.

Yes they were, about week went by after the Santee crash some A hole driving a prius on the I-8 near Pine Valley,Ca. made the same claim after finally coming to a stop after it became a high speed chase (high speed?)

Might not have been enough evidence for jail time but the whole "stuck pedal" defense went away..

In a Prius ? He could've put his feet out the door & safely drug it to a stop haha...

Yes they were, about week went by after the Santee crash some A hole driving a prius on the I-8 near Pine Valley,Ca. made the same claim after finally coming to a stop after it became a high speed chase (high speed?)

Might not have been enough evidence for jail time but the whole "stuck pedal" defense went away..

In a Prius ? He could've put his feet out the door & safely drug it to a stop haha...

Haha. Exactly. Prius and high speed chase don’t go together.

42ABFBAF-29D0-4250-A796-03FC0130F05D.gif

Back