needing a new MT clutch procedure

Going to finally get to try out this newly installed clutch today!

How long for it to last until the next one needed I really don not know

I wouldn't worry about the clutch, id be way more concerned with the other stuff left untouched in the drivetrain.

got the FSM pages for the clutch section all screenshott + photoShopped + cropped
all 14 pages...

Heck that looks mint compared to the lightweight aluminum flywheel I ran on my drag car. The flywheel face was all scorched, and scored. I can see why the nhra rule book demanded an approved blow shield.

Heck that looks mint compared to the lightweight aluminum flywheel I ran on my drag car. The flywheel face was all scorched, and scored. I can see why the nhra rule book demanded an approved blow shield.

perhaps the diaphragm spring tip alignment was worn and/or out of spec?

clutch ~ 13.jpg

7 days later we are still experiencing these oddball noises whilst in neutral and clutch pedal out
Push clutch pedal in and noisy goes away

Not sure about what is doing this

Perhaps the new disk, clutch cover and flywheel need some time to wear down a bit such as new brake pads on new rotor do ? ? ?

It sounds like your throwout bearing is lightly riding on your clutch fingers. Did someone alter the clutch petal free play?

It sounds like your throwout bearing is lightly riding on your clutch fingers. Did someone alter the clutch petal free play?
That is what the rebuilder Nick in CA also has said on the phone about this noise

You have to check all that out after installing a new clutch...usually 99% of time if all oem toyota components, no adjustments are necessary. It seems like the new parts have a smidgeon difference, or your clutch pedal linkage is so played out/worn from when it was new causing the issue.
Didn't ask, but was the bell housing replaced?

Bell housing was left original and cruddy looking on the exterior

Master slave cylinder were replaced at 207k

Clutch pedal and all those parts under dash are still original with another slight squeak now that returned recently but only squeaks once in awhile

Back