New billies

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by cookie47, Feb 22, 2018.

1. OP
    cookie47

cookie47 Well-Known Member

Lol well I want everyone to understand where I’m coming from... I’m going from this IMG_2002.jpg back to this IMG_2559.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It looks like a before and after picture where the Ford went on a cocaine binge and lost a ton of weight.

kp.taco likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I’d rather have the OR coils.

Tacomania likes this.
  6. OP
    cookie47

Awesome thanks or17. And dude I know it feels like it too haha ya even make one of those right now deals and you feel real good about it right now? Lol I mean I have a few reasons but I’m not sure if they’re good or just excuses to make me feel better lol

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OP
    cookie47

8. OR17TRD

It looks like you would get 2-2.5” of lift with the bilsteins set to 0. The coils would provide the lift. When you can get lift from coils vs extension of shocks it’s usually going to be a better ride. Depends on the stiffness of the coils.

9. OP
    cookie47

IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg

Here’s what I got from both reps lol honestly at this point I’m thinking save the extra money I was gonna spend on coils and buy something else I want for it lol

10. Taco Loco

Taco Loco New Member

As far as the offset of the wheel goes... I went with the 17" Mahem Warriors that have a -12mm offset that brings the wheel out only 6mm and doesn't stick out at all... Its flush with the wheel flare/mud flap... Don't let my ****ty picture turn you off...
    BTW the stock wheel offset is -18
    Cheers !!

11. OR17TRD

What stock Tacoma wheels do you have that are -18mm off set? Just curious.

Boss_Taco77 likes this.
  12. VBTacoma

VBTacoma Active Member

I was thinking the same thing OR17TRD along with my -12 offset put my tires out about 1 1/2” past the fender.

OR17TRD likes this.
  13. OR17TRD

Yeah I don’t think that’s right. Most second gen stock wheels are +30 offset.
    3rd gen Stock taco wheels are either +30(sport and others) +25(off-road) or +13 (Pro) none are negative that I know of.