New Forum Software

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by Nathan, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

Tacoma Forum has upgraded it's forum software to xenforo. There are a lot of reasons for this which I will get into soon... but for now please let me know if you are having any problems using the site. There are a ton of settings I still need to adjust so if you see something please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacoJoe11

TacoJoe11 Well-Known Member

Did we lose our photo gallery on our profile page?

4. LUSETACO

LUSETACO Resident Cheapskate Moderator

Someone like this post so I can have a sig pic. :)

Yota4life and TacoJoe11 like this.
  5. Yota4life

Yota4life Well-Known Member

What does the liking thing do?

6. OP
    Nathan

I'll get that setting fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

7. OP
    Nathan

I think it means you think his post is swell ;)

8. OP
    Nathan

I still have access to all of them if you need me to grab them for you. I need to figure out another gallery solution. My hesitation with some of them is the lack of app support.

9. LUSETACO

That's a HUGE sig pic! :D

10. Yota4life

Yota4life Well-Known Member

I guess I'd have to go on the computer to know what you're talking about.

11. OP
    Nathan

Yea, that's a bit much (by a bit I mean A LOT).

I need to see if there is a way I can put limits on them. It's never fun having to page down just to get past signatures.

12. OP
    Nathan

There are a few problems with the app as well that I'm trying to figure out. I wish more people would visit from their desktops from time to time though. Our members are about 95% App only.

13. LUSETACO

How's this?

14. OP
    Nathan

Better, but there needs to be some way of limit so we don't have to manually watch the size people use.

15. Thewarriordinghy

Thewarriordinghy Well-Known Member

Mobile quoting messes up

16. OP
    Nathan

Yup, I see that. Working on it...

17. Tacoma fan

Tacoma fan Well-Known Member

why the change in new software nathan...much preferrred the older version, more user friendly:cool:

18. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

We got hacked. I had no idea what they were saying.

19. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Really digging the new layout.

20. OP
    Nathan

We DID NOT get hacked but the software we were using was about 10 years old and starting to show its age. Spambots were able to easily get past it's spam management system and post ads on the site. That's one of many reasons I moved to this new software. It may take some getting used to but I think you'll find it's better once you get used to it. The code is much cleaner and it runs faster on the server. There are also a lot of new features like threaded "conversations" (previously Private Messages), better mobile browser support, and the ability to save drafts so if you navigate away from a thread you don't lose what you've typed. There's a lot of features I need to highlight for you but right now I'm still trying to figure out why quotes are messed up on the app.

Yota4life likes this.
  21. Mattnatti

Mattnatti TEQ HED

IH8MUD changed to this software a few weeks ago.