New to Taco's

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Devon R, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

They aren't the best, but here are a couple photos down the side of my truck. (Dont know why they turned sideways) 20181101_113651.jpg 20181101_113701.jpg

Lil G, B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Those look good. Nice stance.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  4. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Thanks OR.

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. OP
    Devon R

Devon R Member

Making payments for now - here is the picture of the fogs, not much to see i know but feels good to have my first mod done. I had them installed earlier but working has been in the way of posting pics. Love DT !
    Tacoma---fogs.jpg Tacoma---fogs.jpg

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. VBTacoma

VBTacoma Well-Known Member

Looks good Devon. That’s just the beginning of many more mods you’ll end up doing. It’s never ending!

7. Ricks2012

Ricks2012 Member

Congratulations!!! Nice looking truck Welcome!!

8. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

Welcome.
    I’ve got the b@stard child called Limited edition. The guys here are great. They’ll help you out.

Bogunn likes this.
  9. OP
    Devon R

Devon R Member

I'm just wondering what all the TRD hype is about... As an SR owner would it be considered I don't know how to phrase this... But to turn an SR into a TRD?? Would that be stupid? Has anyone else done this?

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Bogunn likes this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

With the third gen you’d have to add Hitachi shocks and a non functional hood scoop for a TRD Sport.
    For an OffRoad you’d need Bilstiens, crawl control, more skid plates, traction select, etc.
    Or you can get black fender flares, TRD stickers, and a TRD grille and call it a day.

Scott Wyman, Devon R and OR17TRD like this.
  11. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

For off road purposes?

If you had gears/ lockers, a good suspension setup, aftermarket skids, cab mount chop and a 32.7x11.2 tire... you can go places that stock crawl controlled TuRDs could never reach.

kp.taco likes this.
  12. OP
    Devon R

Devon R Member

Yeah , I was curious about a lift, new tires and the aftermarket skid plates.
    Thanks, probably pass on the TRD stickers after all that is said and done. Ah , dreams....

Tacomania likes this.
  13. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

With your set up, i would be careful about skids (weight) that you dont need if you are not wheeling. If anything, i would consider sliders and not steps. As for the rest i cannot speak to a lift on 4 cylinder nice looking truck! Bed mat would be another mod to consider, it does wonders

Devon R, Bogunn, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That it does. The bed mat is a must.

15. OP
    Devon R

Devon R Member

Enlighten me on sliders opposed to steps...

texasred and Tacomania like this.
  16. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

Sliders function as dual purpose, one they are true protection to your cab from the bottom and the side and they also function as steps. They come in at an angle or u CD an opt to ones that are parallel to the ground. I had steps before which i sold and replaced with sliders. Steps wont give you protection rather if you get hit there, they will cause more damage rather than protect your cab IMG_20180424_175917_618.jpeg 20181202_160134.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Taco Forum mobile app

Scott Wyman, Devon R and texasred like this.