New to Taco's

Making payments for now - here is the picture of the fogs, not much to see i know but feels good to have my first mod done. I had them installed earlier but working has been in the way of posting pics. Love DT !
Tacoma---fogs.jpgTacoma---fogs.jpg

Looks good Devon. That’s just the beginning of many more mods you’ll end up doing. It’s never ending!

Welcome.
I’ve got the b@stard child called Limited edition. The guys here are great. They’ll help you out.

I'm just wondering what all the TRD hype is about... As an SR owner would it be considered I don't know how to phrase this... But to turn an SR into a TRD?? Would that be stupid? Has anyone else done this?

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

I'm just wondering what all the TRD hype is about... As an SR owner would it be considered I don't know how to phrase this... But to turn an SR into a TRD?? Would that be stupid? Has anyone else done this?

With the third gen you’d have to add Hitachi shocks and a non functional hood scoop for a TRD Sport.
For an OffRoad you’d need Bilstiens, crawl control, more skid plates, traction select, etc.
Or you can get black fender flares, TRD stickers, and a TRD grille and call it a day.

For off road purposes?

If you had gears/ lockers, a good suspension setup, aftermarket skids, cab mount chop and a 32.7x11.2 tire... you can go places that stock crawl controlled TuRDs could never reach.

For off road purposes?

If you had gears/ lockers, a good suspension setup, aftermarket skids, cab mount chop and a 32.7x11.2 tire... you can go places that stock crawl controlled TuRDs could never reach.

Yeah , I was curious about a lift, new tires and the aftermarket skid plates.
Thanks, probably pass on the TRD stickers after all that is said and done. Ah , dreams....

Yeah , I was curious about a lift, new tires and the aftermarket skid plates.
Thanks, probably pass on the TRD stickers after all that is said and done. Ah , dreams....
With your set up, i would be careful about skids (weight) that you dont need if you are not wheeling. If anything, i would consider sliders and not steps. As for the rest i cannot speak to a lift on 4 cylinder[emoji4] nice looking truck! Bed mat would be another mod to consider, it does wonders

With your set up, i would be careful about skids (weight) that you dont need if you are not wheeling. If anything, i would consider sliders and not steps. As for the rest i cannot speak to a lift on 4 cylinder[emoji4] nice looking truck! Bed mat would be another mod to consider, it does wonders
Enlighten me on sliders opposed to steps...

Enlighten me on sliders opposed to steps...
Sliders function as dual purpose, one they are true protection to your cab from the bottom and the side and they also function as steps. They come in at an angle or u CD an opt to ones that are parallel to the ground. I had steps before which i sold and replaced with sliders. Steps wont give you protection rather if you get hit there, they will cause more damage rather than protect your cab[emoji847]IMG_20180424_175917_618.jpeg20181202_160134.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Taco Forum mobile app

Back