noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

Longterm use of that cannot be good for injectors and other fuel system parts?

Care to explain your claim with facts and data. Internet blather does not count.

Brazil runs pure ethanol in their fuel injected vehicles. They're not the only country.

At a 15% mix, there are 3 gallons ethanol in 17 gallons of gasoline in a 20 gallon fill. I'm not terribly concerned.

Small engines ethanol eats and rots the rubber?

Lawnmowers and smaller

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not recommended to run e15 fuel in older vehicles. Most newer ones are designed for it, if they say flex fuel.

Last edited:
Many of the older small engines did not have the seals compatible with ethanol.

Everything now is built using ethanol tolerant components.

Yet, the ol' tales still circulate.

Last edited:
'tis not looking good
100 miles into this new tank of tacoJuice and level indicator already dipped below the 3/4 hash
:confused:

No, as in stop procrastinating about every little thing, and do something about it. There's enough karen's out there already.

i don't know what to do about it yet :confused: i have tried a couple things so far
waiting for somebody with more knowledge than I to pipe in here for some direction so i do not waste time looking where it is not needed to be looked
still researching on how to check fuel trims and what exactly that checks!? and how involving it is
rich and lean: i do not have a good grasp of understanding yet

1. O2 Sensor Signals:
    • An O2 sensor (oxygen sensor) measures the oxygen content in the exhaust gases.
    • A static O2 sensor reads around 450 millivolts.
    • A lean signal (indicating a lean air-fuel mixture) is low, around 200 millivolts.
    • A rich signal (indicating a rich air-fuel mixture) is high, around 800 millivolts.
    • The O2 sensors are positioned at Bank 1 sensor 1 and Bank 2 sensor 1.
  2. Fuel Trim:
    • Short-term fuel trim (STFT): It makes quick adjustments to the injector pulse to correct the fuel mixture. For example, when you take your foot off the gas pedal, STFT corrects any sudden changes.
    • Long-term fuel trim (LTFT): It handles continuous, steady adjustments to maintain the correct fuel mixture.
    • While STFT can fluctuate due to environmental changes, LTFT should ideally be near zero.
    • If LTFT deviates significantly, it may indicate fuel mixture issues.
  3. Interpreting O2 Sensor Readings:
    • Bank 1 and Bank 2 won’t always coincide perfectly, but their peaks and valleys should be reasonably even on average.
    • A small leak (e.g., in a vacuum line) affects STFT. If the correction doesn’t last, more adjustments are made.
    • Pay attention to long-term numbers for diagnosing fuel mixture problems.
Remember, diagnosing fuel trim involves both art and science. If you’re troubleshooting, focus on LTFT and ensure it’s close to zero for stable performance.

the O2 sensors were tinkered with recently in the past 3 months
so IDK!

this post...

tacoJohn in Denver here at post #42 #43

Back