Oil Filter

Use Mobil or K&N filters with mobil1 synthetic oil....it's all I used in my tundra. It kept the oil clean for 15k mile oil changes.

Do your research. Key parameters to note. Particle size and percentage, backflow valve, bypass valve, dirt capacity. These are critical factors for filters.

The best filters are the following, no particular order. WIX, ACDelco, Bosch. Be aware WIX makes many filters under different brands. NAPA is a WIX made filter. Champion is another manufacturer of oil filters.

There are many brands on par or slightly below those 3. The reality is very simple. FOLLOW the oil change interval for your ride and change the filter every time you change the oil. Then using the worst filter with minimum impact is possible.

Same here...got a pack of oem toyota filters from a toyota dealer off eBay. Was cheaper to wait a week, and get them delivered to my door, than traveling 25 miles to the nearest toyota dealer.

Plus those cartridge filter elements are cheaper to buy. If you ever serviced those old small block chevy engines back in the day, or like the the old mopars, they used the cartridge filter system before spin offs took over, so it's nothing new. I think manufactures went back this way for environmental reasons. Those spin off metal filters were posing issues at landfills.

Last edited:
are you supposed to recycle the oil filter spinoff metal canisters?
i want to do my part to save the planet :)

are you supposed to recycle the oil filter spinoff metal canisters?
i want to do my part to save the planet :)
I would guess recycling would be better, but all the diy's throw them in with the trash.
If your trying to save the planet, I think your going to need to try harder than that.

It's Mobil 1, dammit! NOT MOBILE 1! Repeat after me: M - O - B - I - L 1 !!!
Don't you know what you're buying???? Sheesh!

Attachments

• Mobil 1.png
    Mobil 1.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 1
Back