Other hobbies

Neither of mine were nice. Both ran and drove but that was it. I didn’t have any money I was 16 so I guy offered me 1250.00 for the 69 and I sold it and bought a 85 Toyota 4x4 efi that was rough. Best truck I ever owned. I was hard on it. Had it for four years. Only truck I wish I would’ve kept. Great rig. Tough as a 2 dollar steak.

My defense rifle is a Henry 45-70 lever with no scope. My long range rifles are 303, 308, 30-06, but my fav for long range is my Sako 85 in 300 winchester mag, its accurate all day long at 1200 yards. And agreed 308 is an awesome long range caliber. To 500 yards i think 30-06 is also hard to beat. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for 303, as that was my first ever gun, my grandfather taught me how to shoot on a 303 at age 13, and gave me one of his old 303s when i turned 15.

My defense rifle is a Henry 45-70 lever with no scope. My long range rifles are 303, 308, 30-06, but my fav for long range is my Sako 85 in 300 winchester mag, its accurate all day long at 1200 yards. And agreed 308 is an awesome long range caliber. To 500 yards i think 30-06 is also hard to beat. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for 303, as that was my first ever gun, my grandfather taught me how to shoot on a 303 at age 13, and gave me one of his old 303s when i turned 15.

I to love magnum rifles I’m a browning abolt fan one in 7mm rem mag and one in 300 win mag. I Love all guns. I have one lever gun it’s a model 88 Winchester in 243. It’s pretty slick but I normally carry the 7mm . I like the defense rifle they run and die tired. Lol

7mm mag is a great caliber.
On top of the regular training almost every person does when they enroll, I was specifically trained also as a Pilot, AME ( Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) and Sniper. As a civilian I now try to keep somewhat in practice, and regularly shoot up to 1200 yards still with my Sako 85 300 mag. My last time out I set up 20 pop cans at approximately 1200 yards, and hit them all in 21 rounds. Was annoyed with myself for missing once to be honest.

Lol that’s a great feat . I’ve never had a place to shoot over 400 yards. I honestly don’t shoot enough. I used to shoot way more. A 3 year old and a 5 year old make it hard to get away and shoot

I love my large calibers but i think my .17 savage might be my favorite. I can grab it and take out the muskrats in the pond or the chipmunks running across the back of it.
(Are we allowed to post dead critter pics?[emoji848][emoji23])

I love my large calibers but i think my .17 savage might be my favorite. I can grab it and take out the muskrats in the pond or the chipmunks running across the back of it.
(Are we allowed to post dead critter pics?[emoji848][emoji23])

Don't see why not.
They would probably let you post pics of an ecoboost f150 and they are usually dead...so what is the difference.

Back