Other Tacoma Driver's

When I try to pull up next to fellow xrunners I either get a stink eye or they speed up/cut me off which kinda sucks but there is a nice lifted DC that will return a thumbs up whenever I see him.

This for Jeep owners:

JeepBrah.jpg

Last edited:
Not really. They at me like something's growing out of my forehead.

Haha, I know the feeling quite well. There are tons of reg cabs 2wd Taco's here and they seem to think my truck is an oddball. I get weird looks, some will come up beside me, then gun it and jump in front of me. I'm like whatever go have fun in your tonka toy. Also a lot of 1st gen Tundra's running around which are about the same size as mine. I see a very few 2nd gen Taco's and 1st gen Taco's that are 4x4. Lots of Ford, Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Nissan trucks and a ton of Jeeps.

I think the idea of a mutual wave between Tacoma owners is a nice idea. If I look over at another Taco and they look back ill likely give them the thumbs up

I wave, have yet to get any kind of response back.

Just yesterday I crossed an intersection with a guy with same truck (SWB DCSB) and shot him an obvious wave...he ended up turning my way and a couple lights later we were right next to each other...wouldn't even look over. Quite disappointing. He was from Pennsylvania.

I think people like us who are obsessed with tacos understand...I think other people that just think of it as just a vehicle...disappointing but fact.

Back