Phone mount help.

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Boxerdad214, May 4, 2017.

1. Boxerdad214

Boxerdad214 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I'm so torn I. Where to mount my iPhone and what mount. I was leaning towards RAM but I have no clue. IPhone 6 plus needs a home. Pics please. Thanks. 2016 OR 4door sandstorm

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  5. OP
    Boxerdad214

Thanks for the links. I'll check some reviews. I currently have a pelican case on my phone but I'm switching to the new blackberry soon. The ram looks so bulky

6. OR17TRD

BlackBerry P'9983 Porsche Design 64GB Carbon?

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  7. OP
    Boxerdad214

No the new keyone

8. kjb417

kjb417 Member

I use the kenu airframe+ it's small and solid

9. OR17TRD

10. OR17TRD

Received the Macally MCUPXL Adjustable Longer Neck Car/Truck Cup Holder Phone Mount. It's a solid well made mount. Fits in any of the cup holders I have in my 2017 TRD OR. The base has a feature that allows it to lock into the cup older. My iPhone 7 in its case fits well. It can easily be adjusted to hold larger phones. I would recommend this if you don't want to mount it on your dash. It can easily be moved to any cup holder in any vehicle. image2.JPG image3.JPG image1.JPG

11. danbender

danbender Member

Steele car mount. I have it mounted just to the right of my steering wheel. It's awesome and takes up no space at all. And you can mount it pretty much anywhere.

12. danbender

danbender Member

Steelie car mount. Spelled it wrong, my bad

13. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Magnet plus smart phone have gps issues?

14. danbender

danbender Member

I've had it for a year or so and no issues I've seen. I have a case on the phone and the magnet on the back of that.

Bojangles likes this.
  15. danbender

danbender Member

It's nice for in the garage or working on the car because you can just stick it to things and listen to music

16. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

agreed, been there had 1.
    I didnt have a case tho, and i am pretty sure the thing gave bad directions... was a long time ago on the note2 tho.

It was nice being able to slap it on the toolbox. no worry about it being bumped, no one sets shit sideways on the toolbox so the screen was always 100%

17. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

IMG_1595.jpg
    I have one of these cheapo magnetic phone holders. It works great and has never let my phone fall. Even secure over some pretty sketchy terrain. Doesn't mess with reception that I've noticed either.

Montaldo2 likes this.