Price vs MSRP for 2016

To be totally honest I believe the 4.0 is a way better engine than the new 3.5. Also I cannot believe it has more hp nor better torque. I own the 2015 and 2016 and I can accelerate faster in the 4.0. . I also noticed better mileage in the 4.0 as the 3.5 is constantly downshifting out of overdrive to speed up so mpg is def not improved in the truck. I get better gas mileage in my 2015 that seems to have more power than the 2016 with 6 gears. Def a disappointment in that area. However everything in the cabin is def an improvement over the 15. Also I would defiantly say the 2016 is a way quieter with less air noise. So tit for tat anyone looking for better gas mileage out of the 3.5 engine with more power and torque. I call Toyota out on it. I would rather have the 4.0 with the six speed transmission than this new 3.5. Just my 2cents.

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

What are the MPG's your getting with both trucks, also how many miles does your 2016 have on it.

Ok 2015 Sr5 4x4 9500 miles getting 18mpg average. 2016 Trd off-road Premium 3500 miles getting 14-15 mpg average

What are you all locking down for financing since Toyota neeever offers 0% on the Tacoma. Are you still financing through Toyota, local credit union or other bank? This will certainly depend on credit of course so those of you with good credit, what kind of rates are you locking down?

Ok 2015 Sr5 4x4 9500 miles getting 18mpg average. 2016 Trd off-road Premium 3500 miles getting 14-15 mpg average

Man, that's not good, do you pull a boat anchor by a chain every day? That's worst than my tundra with a 5.7 and 35's

Lol exactly. They supposedly swapped engine to give better gas mileage.. however before the lift I was getting 17-18. Twas after the lift when gas mileage went down on the 16

Mine was a 2013 I averaged 19 MPH I just got a 2016 it averaged 18 but l only have ran a tank and a half of gas though it it should get better

Im going to a second dealer today. First guy said he could take 500$ off the MSRP and I said "thats nice" lol. I want one but Im willing to wait. I want one with JBL so Ill probably have to order one. Let the games begin..

Im going to a second dealer today. First guy said he could take 500$ off the MSRP and I said "thats nice" lol. I want one but Im willing to wait. I want one with JBL so Ill probably have to order one. Let the games begin..
Give them hell. I walked out the door over $100.

$1000 below MSRP on a TRD DC SB OR, Manual 4x4, tow package, door protectors, all weather mats and bed step. SE Tennessee. Very happy, under $34k not including taxes.

I got 2,000 off of a 42,500 MSRP. I tried like crazy to get 3,000 off, i got that number from reading all the forums on the net. The problem for me is i had to order the truck vs buying one off the lot. I think everyone needs to specify this info!! Dealers always have more wiggle room on a vehicle on the lot, they also dont want to lose a sale. Makes negotiating 100 times better in our favor when you can drive off with it!!

Yes I agree. I also had to order mine and thats why I couldn't get any more off so I pulled the trigger yesterday. I wound up getting 1900$ off which I thought was fair considering how in demand they are right now.

Yes I agree. I also had to order mine and thats why I couldn't get any more off so I pulled the trigger yesterday. I wound up getting 1900$ off which I thought was fair considering how in demand they are right now.
How long did they tell you the wait would be? My dealer is saying 4 weeks to build

Back