Question about buying a tacoma

Even if you can't finance right now; you can still stop by a dealership and explain your situation and see what they say. This way, you won't be in the dark. And you'll get the ball rolling. The one advantage in being young and broke, is the dealership knows this and if they want to sell you a Tacoma they may be willing to get creative.

I'd say go with the ext. cab 4x4. Enough space behind the front seats and have the option to get yourself out of sticky situations that the prerunner cant. But it comes down to what you really want. Test drive both of them.

I have had good success getting a good quality Toyota at a fair price by sticking with the basics: I get what I can use for my purposes by buying what other people don't want.

Some perfectly capable pre-owned Tacomas are price negotiable because of tolerable undesirables like color, package, trim options, etc.

My ideal truck that I wanted was a Black , TRD 4x4 Off Road package, Double Cab Short Bed, Navigation package, Tacoma.

I got a deal on a much too bright Speedway Blue, SR5 basic 4x4, a much too long to fit in my garage Double Cab Long Bed, Tacoma. It gets the job done.

Accesscab 4x4 V6 of course TRD package.
Plenty of room 6' bed strong enough to get yourself around in any conditions and decent MPG at 20 overall.
And by the way that is exactly what I got

Back