Retained Value

I drove by my local Toyota dealer yesterday. I counted 10 2nd gen tacomas all on the front row. Cheapest one I seen was 27k and it looked basic.. Steel wheels, access cab, and loooked 2wd ... They all hold value very well. Forget about finding a decent 1st gen in my area that's not beat all to hell.. They all have about 250k miles and are still 8-10 thousand..

I drove by my local Toyota dealer yesterday. I counted 10 2nd gen tacomas all on the front row. Cheapest one I seen was 27k and it looked basic.. Steel wheels, access cab, and loooked 2wd ... They all hold value very well. Forget about finding a decent 1st gen in my area that's not beat all to hell.. They all have about 250k miles and are still 8-10 thousand..

Wow. I can’t believe the second gen base models are holding a price like that. They didn’t cost much that much new hardly.

Yeah.. It may have been 4x4 but I only got a glimpse driving by. But still ridiculous. It was probably really low miles and one owner but still crazy

Back in the day, I bought new, an ‘85 single cab 4x4. I think it was a HILux but definitely had a solid front axle. It was a total stripper except for a/c and 5speed trans. No carpet, crank windows. If I had only known...

Back in the day, I bought new, an ‘85 single cab 4x4. I think it was a HILux but definitely had a solid front axle. It was a total stripper except for a/c and 5speed trans. No carpet, crank windows. If I had only known...
Last year of the straight axel first year they started putting EFI on the 22r making it a 22re. That’s a good one. What was it about $9k new?

It was. With the white steelies and a long bed. Prolly worth 15 to 16 grand today in good shape. All my friends wanted the high end imports; all I could think about was a stripper long bed hilux. Took me 30 years but I came close w my ,17.

Back