Rims/Tires and Offset

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Andrew Merritt, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:26 PM.

1. What size rims and tires can I get without having to do any modifications and or worry about rubbing. And what offset do I need?
    Stock rims 16x7
    Stock Tires 245/75R/16

Thanks

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Boghog1

Boghog1 Member

The answer is lots.

B-Man likes this.
  4. OP
    Andrew Merritt

Andrew Merritt Member

Ok can you give me a few sizes and offsets please . Im new to all this. Thanks

5. Boghog1

Boghog1 Member

stock size is 265/70R16, factory offset is +25mm. What are you trying to do?
    a 245/55R20 will fit with a 0 offset

B-Man likes this.
  6. OP
    Andrew Merritt

Andrew Merritt Member

Hi I want to put custom wheels on Tacoma and possibly a bigger tire size, but do not want to have to CMC or lift the truck. I just want to buy wheels and tires and bolt them on. I want 17" wheels. Thanks

B-Man likes this.
  7. OP
    Andrew Merritt

Andrew Merritt Member

And go to a 17" wheel also.

B-Man likes this.
  8. Boghog1

Boghog1 Member

So stick to a 17x8 or narrower wheel, avoid negative offset, a 0 offset and and 265/70/17 should fit and not require a CMC, you may be able to go to a 255/75or80/17 without a CMC but it really is dependent on offset being closer to stock.

B-Man likes this.
  9. OP
    Andrew Merritt

Andrew Merritt Member

Thanks does a negative offset move the wheel further inside the wheel well?

B-Man likes this.
  10. OP
    Andrew Merritt

Andrew Merritt Member

would this wheel fit if I stay with the 16". 16x8 - 6x139.7 - 0 - 991B-68060-00

B-Man likes this.
  11. Boghog1

Boghog1 Member

A negative offset makes your wheels stick out further. those wheels will fit

B-Man likes this.
  12. Mansimran Kahlon

Mansimran Kahlon New Member

Hey guys, I have a 2019 TRD OffRoad double cab.
    I want to get al terrains, currently running stock 265 70 r16.

Can i get a 285 tire without cmc or a lift? If so, what would the offset be? I'm open to 16 or 17 inch tire

13. Boghog1

Boghog1 Member

Do you plan on offloading? backing up while turning? the short answer is no.if you want a 33" tire go with a 255/85R16 and factory sized wheels and even then you will need to remove or change your mudflaps.

B-Man likes this.
  14. Mansimran Kahlon

Mansimran Kahlon New Member

Haha gotcha. But wouldn't a 255 be less wide than the 265 currently?

These are tires I'm considering

Hancook DYNAPRO AT2 - SIZE: 265/65R17

Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015 - SIZE: P265/65R17

GoodYear
    WRANGLER TRAILRUNNER AT - SIZE: 265/65R17